what is blog?

Masayo

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 12:50 am
Hi everyone!
I have question again Crying or Very sad
I have seen the word: "BLOG" very often but I don't know what it is.
What does it mean or stand for actually?
Thank you all~~! Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 538 • Replies: 3
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 01:08 am
It sorta stands for weblog ... a "log", or something rather like a diary or journal posted to the web. Pretty much, a blog is a personal website. The blog owner, or blogger, typically will add commentary or other content more or less on a schedule and according to a theme; the subject matter might be anything from politics to "The Singles Scene", home schooling to sophisticated investment techniques and strategies, news and current events to hobby interests. Just about anything can be blogged, and just about anyone can be a blogger. Blogs are generally open to public view and often to public input/interaction. A blog can be a personal showcase, it can be a chat room, it can be a discussion forum, it can be an idea exchange, it can be all of those, and it can be something unlike any of those things. Since a blog can be "about" or "dedicated" to anything, and executed in just about any style, its pretty difficult to say just what a blog is; blogs are whatever their owners want them to be
0 Replies

Masayo

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 01:30 am
Thank you so much timberlandko!
Everytime I raise questions there are different people come and help me, and the responses are really fast! Smile
Thank you all~~ I really enjoy being here.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 01:33 am
You're more than welcome, Masayo, and thank you so much for your kind words. Glad you like it here - thats what its all about.
0 Replies