Adoption talk. Both sides...

Noddy24

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 05:41 pm
Can you send Mark a note to let him know how you feel? Or contact both Mark and Stacy? Could your mother be a go-between?

By the by, when I said "information" I was talking about the information you were getting about the situation, not the information that you daughter was or was not receiving.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 05:54 pm
OHH!! Yes. My mother is my source of information. She sees little girl all the time. Goes to her games, has sleep overs etc. So yeah. She is where I hear about what is going on.
I have asked my mother what she thinks about me speaking up. I trust her judgement when she says it may not be a good idea right now.
But I still feel that it was a good idea BEFORE this happened. Not after. I have been keeping a journal over the last month about how / what to say to little girl. Maybe, just maybe, I could give that to mark and trust he could refer to it himself or let little girl read it as age appropriateness applys and maybe that would help them.
Beyond that.. i am feeling sort of helpless. I live almost 800 miles away. Not much I can physically do from here.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 05:59 pm
Eight hundred miles away and ready to shriek with frustration....

Life isn't easy, is it?

A ten-year-old is going to think of a nineteen year old as grown-up and wise and ready for motherhood.

The conversations you want to have should happen face-to-face--if at all right now. You need the instant feedback to correct misunderstandings immediately.

Unfortunately a journal would be open to misinterpretation.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 09:11 am
Noddy24 wrote:
Eight hundred miles away and ready to shriek with frustration....

Life isn't easy, is it?

A ten-year-old is going to think of a nineteen year old as grown-up and wise and ready for motherhood.

The conversations you want to have should happen face-to-face--if at all right now. You need the instant feedback to correct misunderstandings immediately.

Unfortunately a journal would be open to misinterpretation.

Hold your dominion.

>sigh<
So very true. I forget, when i was that age, teenagers were adults to me. They knew everything, got to do everything and were the " ALL" in life.
So that presents an entirely new set of questions, situations and answers I will need to have handy for her.
Oh my. this is turning out to be bigger then I thought. :-(
i was always under the assumption that I could just answer her questions, cry for a few minutes, then everything would be done and she would understand.. Basically.. Life would be roses-and-smiles again.
>sigh< :-(
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 04:36 pm
Fortunately you have your mother to be your eyes and ears.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 05:40 pm
My mother is my dearest friend. She will be the best player in this game and be the best provider for little girl that I could ever hope for. She was there during my pregnancy, through the adoption and still there now.
I couldnt ask for a better person to be in my life.
0 Replies