A Europe A2K Gathering in May 2005

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 11:12 am
My plans are developing quite well, so here's the latest. I'll be traveling to Malta from April 15 to the 29th. In London from the 29th to May 2. Amsterdam from May 3 to May 5, then to Lippstadt from May 6 to May 8, then back to London on May 9 to 11. From May 11 to May 24, I'll be in Bosnia, Croatia, and Serbia. Flying home on May 24. Tentative so far, but waiting for my travel consultant to verify transportation and dates.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 10:39 pm
Has anybody contacted kitchenpete and Gautam?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 02:01 am
I am here !!! And I will be there !!!
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 06:01 am
I'm here, too! 29 Apr - 2 May are already "shaded" in my diary.

KP
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 06:04 am
Gee KP - you do plan ahead don't you Wink
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 06:34 am
I'll take a look to see if you all will be really there!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 10:26 am
oh sigh, i am so jealous. i wish i could be there. well, have a drink on me, may 13 will be my birthday. i hope we can get another gathering together in europe between august and january. i will come wherever it may be. will be living in vienna. have a blast, guys!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 01:20 pm
Okay, guys, what time are we gonna be there? Here's a map of the Cellar Bar where we'll be meeting? http://www.yeoldecheshirecheese.com/ Click on Bars. Sunday hours at the Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese, I think, closes at 2PM. Any suggestions for an alternate venue for May 1st? Need time and place.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 06:23 pm
ok here's the latest from the dys. arrive NYC Ap 28 (thur) meet up with anyone interested that evening, fly london overnite 29/30 arrive london Ap 30 meet up with CI and whoever at the pub sun May 1 (8pm) leave london via chunnel to amersdam may 2 arrive amsterdam may 3 (NIMH where are you?) leave amsterdam for Lipstadt (Walter) and freeload on walter 6/7/8/ and leave for somewhere else on the 8th or 9th return NYC may 13.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 06:30 pm
dys- functional!!! Great.

We'll be there in London.

Don't get Amersham and Amsterdam mixed up.

He Hee Hee
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 06:31 pm
Gautam and Kitchen Pete, it will be wonderful to see you both.

Francis, please do come as we won't be going to France this trip.

Here we are, planning a trip in our RV to Florida on Monday and we're already planning another trip to Europe in late April/May! This is exciting! I think we are beginning to travel like c.i. Some of his travel lust must have rubbed off on us when we met him in San Francisco.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 06:45 pm
McTag! I didn't see your post. Having you meet with the group in London will make it that much better. I want to see the man I sometimes haiku and acronym with.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 09:09 pm
Sharp, I am a clingon here, but will pipe in to say that sounds good..
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 01:54 am
McTag wrote:
dys-

Don't get Amersham and Amsterdam mixed up.

He Hee Hee

Don't mix up Lippstadt and Lippstadt either: Deborah Lipstadt is an American historian, who sued Irving successfully re holocaust, Lippstadt is "the Westphalian Venice", where I live.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 02:08 am
Diane :

My answer is here :Europe 2005
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 03:00 am
Which would be the best day(s) for me to come Down South? From reading back through the thread it looks like the Sunday would be best, but is anyone out & about on the Saturday? Or the bank holiday? Or both/all? I'm just looking at booking the train & hotels early to get better deals. Cheers!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 03:08 am
As said before: I'm there in London.

(And I'll be in Lippstadt at Walter's - surprisingly - as well :wink: [Since I'm going to book there the accomodations for Diane, dys and c.i.: anyone else?])
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 03:10 am
You're over here for the whole weekend, Walter?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 03:15 am
Well, that depends on when we are actually meeting in the Cheese. (I'M thinking of flying only from one day until the other [or two days], though.)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 10:41 am
Grand Duke, Great that you'll be joining us. I'll be in London from Apri 29 thru May 2, so come on down and join us. I'm sure there'll be several of us looking forward to joining any a2k group that has some time during the weekend daylight hours. We'll need to establish a venue and time, becaues the Cheese doesn't open every day at all hours.
0 Replies