A Europe A2K Gathering in May 2005

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 04:52 pm
Is anybody interested in another Europe Gathering for 2007?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 11:30 pm
Would be time, wouldn't it?
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 12:02 am
Yes, me. I'm in.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 12:21 am
Count me in.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 10:18 am
Okay, we've got a good start, but who's gonna take on the responsibility to organize the venue, activities, hotels, and food/drinks?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 10:22 am
The first question (and answer) should be the "WHERE ?".

I suggest, however, to wait unitl the Chicago meeting has been done.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 10:31 am
I'm thinking Espana
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 10:33 am
Not bad at all.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 01:46 pm
The southern part of Spain can be very economical with good beaches, and access to some interesting places. Wink
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 01:53 pm
Barcelona in June of 2007 and you can count me in.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 02:43 pm
I guess it'll be Barcelona; just sos I can meet CJ. Wink
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 12:16 am
Anybody home? Seems there are a few more folks interested in another Europe Gathering for 2007. Please continue to show your interest by posting on this thread; make suggesting for venues, dates, and interests.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 03:14 am
Barcelona, not Spain, Catalunya. They are now officially referred to as a nation!
Will try to make this one!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 03:44 am
We would certainly make Barcelona...but not in school time!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 09:23 pm
I will probably be in Europe around April 2007 (the good Lord willin', and the creeks don't rise!) - no itinerary as yet.

I've been to Barcelona, but only briefly.....
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 09:45 pm
margo, We can probably leave the dates open for now, but please let us know ASAP when you have some definite dates. It would also help some of us if you could provide us with tentative time lines if that's possible. The earlier we are able to make reservations, the cheaper it will be for most of us. Also, I may be able to tie it in with a group tour of Croatia or someplace in Europe.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 11:06 pm
A2K Gathering in Europe in 2007
It's early, but some people need to plan early for vacation and trips, so here's the deal. We're planning on a gathering in Spain for next year, preferably during the early part of the year - like March through June.

Some have already shown interest, so it's only the first step.

This will be our forth gathering in Europe after two in London and one in Lippstadt.

We need people to make some commitments, and to help develop dates, venues, and places to stay.

Will you come?

POLL:

YES:____
Maybe:____
NO: ____
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 11:26 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
I guess it'll be Barcelona; just sos I can meet CJ. Wink

I like Barcelona as a city, but do we have local members there? At the two meetings I have been, locals have played a major role in finding places to go, helping with hotels etc, and generally organizing things. One thing that makes me a bit skeptical is the prospect of having a meeting where every attendant is a tourist, and nobody really knows their way around.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 11:28 pm
Thomas, A very good point, but from initial talks, we somehow came up with Barcelona as a possible venue. Any suggestion? (Like Munich?) LOL
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 11:33 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Thomas, A very good point, but from initial talks, we somehow came up with Barcelona as a possible venue. Any suggestion? (Like Munich?) LOL

I'd have no problem with Munich. But perhaps we could just look around in Europe and see which cities we have active members in. We could then vote on the place and time (which is how we came up with Chicago), and then start an organizing thread where people say if they want to come, what to do, and so forth. And perhaps we should do it in a thread of its own so we don't lock out people who didn't follow this one.
0 Replies