first experience (women) and future relationships

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 05:11 am
Hello,
I have a question for women. How do you feel your first sexual experience (that most of the times "has to be special moment") and the man who you are going to marry. Is it the love different? How important is virginity? Are you giving something so precious (virginity) to someone else that is not paying the price (marriage)?
I would like to know your opinion. How often do you remember that person or how important that person is in your life since it took the most precious gift you can give to a person that it is going to love you forever in sickness and health .... let me know.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,423 • Replies: 16
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 09:22 am
'Course it's different, or at least it was for me. Losing my virginity happened several years before I met my husband. I don't miss the guy I gave my virginity to (he also gave me his, I suppose it was a Yankee Swap). That guy doesn't mean squat and I can barely recall what he looks like. I'm not kidding.

My husband is the most important person in my life. That's why I married him. 'Nuff said.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 09:43 am
The most precious gift? Why?

I mean really, why is it so precious?

My first time was with someone I loved deeply and had been with for a while already -- but it was awful. It hurt, it was generally unpleasant. That's very, very common for women, especially young ones.

By the time my husband (someone else, several years down the line) and I went on our honeymoon, we both knew what we were doing, and it was all of the sappy two souls joining stuff you can imagine. ;-)

I know a woman who waited until marriage and expected it would be this wonderful spiritual thing, it wasn't, it hurt and was awkward, and it didn't get much better (she and her husband just weren't sexually compatible, though they loved each other very much and were compatible in other ways, were thought to be this ideal couple before they got married.)

I didn't know her for long so don't know how her story wound up -- she was miserable last I knew.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 10:52 am
Honestly, I never thought of my virginity as a "precious gift." I just thought it was something I would outgrow when the time was right.

It was important to me that my first experience should be with someone I loved and trusted. And it was. Like many couples just out of highschool, we thought we would be together forever. He never pressured me...I decided when I was ready. I still think about my first love from time to time and wonder if he is happy with his life now. I hope he is. He was a very special person in my life, and he deserves the best.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 11:22 am
Oh, that brings back fond memories. We waited until New Years Eve when the fireworks filled the sky, it was our
moment, and it was great, despite the shyness and I always
treasure it as an good experience.

I did love the guy and he was ready to get married too,
but I wasn't and only 18 years old. A year later, we
parted on not so good terms.

Ironically, when I made love for the first time to my-husband-to be many moons later, it also was a New Years Eve night Smile
0 Replies

el pohl

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 09:51 pm
In a way, I think that losing one's virginity before marriage can be a good way. My ex-girlfriend and I gave up our's and it was a huge darn mess. Of course it was special and fantastic, at least on a sentimental level. But sexually? Not good. Though, we hold no regrets regarding what we did.

I can't imagine having sexual issues on your honeymoon with your husband because of the lack of experience. It must be frustrating.
0 Replies

Mikeymike

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 11:08 pm
I really dont think of my first sexual partner I was 15 and wasted of my a$$. Do I regret it? No because you can't regret what you have done because when you were doing it , you did it because you wanted too. Now the first girl I had sex with that I was in love with, now that I remember, by far it was like I lost my virginity all over again. And I think about her all the time, well being that her and I are still together. And it took me 9 years to finally find that one that I loved and it made sex so much better
0 Replies

kellybelle

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 05:48 pm
I lost my virginity to a jerk when I was 16. I thought I was in love and let him have it after a month. He dumped me and totally broke my heart. Wish I would have waited longer, at least till I found someone who loved me. Do I wish I would have waited until marriage? Sometimes yes, but then I think about how it has actually formed a bond with a couple of long term boyfriends since then. I think many girls feel as though if they give it up to a guy, he will be in love. NOT SO AT ALL. If there are any virgins reading this, please think very, very long and hard about who you give your virginity to!!
0 Replies

mrflibble

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 03:42 am
I'm 19... and I lost my virginity... on Tuesday!

I love him to pieces, he's a lot older than me (45) but he's great... it was painful, but good. Good, because I just love being with him. We've been seeing each other about two months, he's incredibly sweet, I would have slept with him on the first night! But he's been waiting to make sure I was ready etc etc... he's the first guy I've been in any sort of 'relationship' with. I've always never seen the point of getting into a relationship with someone I didn't care enough about to marry/have babies with, and then this guy came and swept me off my feet Laughing
0 Replies

el pohl

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 03:54 pm
Wait...

You're 19 and he's 45??? Shocked
0 Replies

mrflibble

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 10:02 am
yep...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 10:06 am
And her teacher...

(Am I remembering correctly?)
0 Replies

el pohl

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 08:06 pm
Well, I'm shocked. I dont know what to say...
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 08:29 pm
I don't think there's anything wrong with the age difference...
0 Replies

mrflibble

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 02:37 pm
yes... you remember correctly sozobe. Don't want to hijack this thread though, am going to go find my old one and update it.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 04:56 am
Big age differnce but there is nothing to say a relationship will work better with people of similar ages.

Hmm virginity.
Im soooo glad I waited til I was a bit older.I was a late starter at all that kinda stuff.Glad as looking back most of the guys Iknew where complete kn*bs so luckily I didnt regret much.
I waited til I found someone I loved.He is cute looking, very muscley and very funny.he was 7 years older thn me.
Not sure if he cared about me as looking back I realised he was just going out with me to make his ex jealous(a friend of mine)but I think eventually he loved me.
Uncomfortable, yep,squishy, yep,did it put me off, nope.

Split up with him 5 years ago, and still think of him as one of my best friends as he makes me laugh so much and we have a kinda connection with humour, like a comedy team.
We split up cos he wanted to settle down and as I was younger I didnt so afetr he acted in a really annoying way to apparently make it easier for us to split up, we finally did.

Now his fiance(spit)has banned us from speaking to each other.She seems to think I want him as a boyfriend whereas I just want him a s a friend.She should worry about him as over the years he has expressed on a number of occasions he wanted me back.
God, if only she knew.

This is a whole new thread, I may tell you the story one day.
0 Replies

Mikeymike

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 11:23 am
Ok you gave your virginity to you teacher..... Now what? Do you plan on him being a long life compainion? Or was it just because? I don't know how many of you have taken a person's virginity. I have, and in that moment there is a huge trust built within. My girlfriend gave me hers after swearing up and down she was going to wait till she got married. Now do I feel special that she chose me to share that with... Dang right I do, I feel honored and I feel loved. Now ask yourself does your teacher feel this way right now? Or did he do it just because?
0 Replies