Was the Election Stolen?

Einherjar

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 03:56 pm
squinney wrote:
Would this work?

1. Register to vote. Has to be done at DMV or local voter registration office, or through a booth / one stop registration done by DMV or local voter registration office. In other words, no door to door by people not legally required to turn in voter registrations. (How would you prevent multiple registering?)

2. Within a week or so, you get a credit card type card in the mail with a magnetic strip.

3. Vote day, you go to polling place, insert card into touch screen like ATM and proceed to vote.

4. On completion of voting, machine keeps your card. Spits out receipt for you to keep.

5. The card records your vote and since it is kept by the machine, preventing you from voting again, it also has a record of the votes for recounts. Just re-feed the cards through. (Riggable I would venture.)

Also, your name and address would be matched and scratched when you finished voting to prevent you from voting more than once.

Personally I like punch cards. I'd prefer a rule that said any "chad" stil attached in two places was disqualified. With punch cards votes are sure to be counted correctly.

The idea of rip off tickets for registration apeals to me. Now, how to avoid multiple registering...
0 Replies