Posting/sharing/reposting from organization page, not my personal one

mcrtc

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2017 08:33 pm
I am one of the managers of the page of a non-profit arts group. In order to create that page, I had to make a personal account, and then make the page for the organization.

Now, there are people who are following me, and whom the organization follows back who post things I would like to repost. I also would like to comment on the posts of followers, and also to post new content.

The problem is, none of my posts come from the organization page. They all come from my "personal" page, which I don't want. I don't want a personal presence on Facebook, I don't want anyone to know I am on Facebook, and I don't want to have any connection to Facebook. I do want to interact as the representative of the group.

How do I post from the GROUP, and not have it show that it was from my personal account? This is utterly maddening, and if I didn't have to have that personal account in order to have the page for the organization, I would get rid of it yesterday.

Please help! We have lots of upcoming things we would like to use the page to promote, but without being able to show that it came from the organization, and not me, I won't do it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,075 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2017 04:15 am
@mcrtc,
Go to the gear wheel in the upper right corner (sometimes they move this, so look for it), pull down and you will see post as .... The options will be as you or as your page. You can also get this on any post in your group. Pull down and make sure you are posting as the group.

As for your personal account, go into the settings and tighten up privacy as much as Facebook will allow. That won't hide the account from everyone, but you will have a lot less interaction that way. Also adjust your settings so that you don't get any updates.
0 Replies