Messenger-only account suspended

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2023 12:18 am
Hello,
on December 13th my Facebook Messenger account (i.e. one not linked to any Facebook profile (Messenger-exculsive)) was spontaneously disabled. Facebook gives me no way to contact them or appeal the suspension, as the only "help" they provide is this form: https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/260749603972907, which even though saying it accepts both phone numbers and e-mail addresses rejects my phone number as "invalid" (the phone number is only contact info linked to my account, so it seems there's no way to even appeal that suspension. I've sent several e-mails to Facebook support addresses, but after a month of not hearing back I assume they're not monitored. Is there any possibility I could try to regain access to my Messenger account that was restricted/disabled for no apparent reason? Greetings.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,107 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2023 08:11 am
@helpplox,
Did it tell you how long the suspension was for? That's how long you will have to wait, they don't care. If you were suspended for 30 days you'll wait until the suspension is over. Facebook won't respond.
helpplox

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2023 11:10 am
@jcboy,
No, they didn't. All it says is that my account was restricted. Yesterday the 30-days period (which I've read to be timeline for appeal after which account is supposedly directed for deletion, still it says 'restricted' when I try to log in so guess it's not being deleted just yet) is over, still, neither the suspension has been lifted or any information/feedback/instruction/whatever sent to me.
0 Replies

Shellyann102773

Reply Wed 3 May, 2023 05:59 pm
My account was deactivated saying due to Instagram. The Instagram user is not me. I tried to appeal but it won't let me submit the form. My Instagram account is still active and nothing shows as a violation (I don't even post on there) There is no way to get help with this. Emails go unresponded.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 4 May, 2023 11:04 am
@Shellyann102773,
Shellyann102773 wrote:

My account was deactivated saying due to Instagram. The Instagram user is not me. I tried to appeal but it won't let me submit the form. My Instagram account is still active and nothing shows as a violation (I don't even post on there) There is no way to get help with this. Emails go unresponded.

People flocking here with their Facebook and Instagram problems are barking up the wrong tree. We have zero jurisdiction or pull over at those social media sites nor can we provide any easy answers either.

Blame Google on them pointing you here.
0 Replies

sehsson

Reply Fri 5 May, 2023 04:37 am
@Shellyann102773,
Same situation with me. FB blocked me, because of an Instagram account I have no connection with. My Instagram was hacked, that profile was removed from the list of accounts, but Facebook still doesn't explain anything to me. I have no way to contact them. Do you have any new information?
0 Replies