Kids freak me out!

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 01:16 pm
Yesterday we had many errands to run: the photo lab, the photo studio, the mail box place, the grocery, the gas station, the video rental place.

The only way I could get Mo in the car is to allow him to take along my lovely Calaphon muffin pan.

We made young people scratch their heads and old ladies laugh their "been there, done that" laugh all over town as me, Mo and muffin pan took in the sights.

Kids are just plain weird.

How does your little weirdo freak you out?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,076 • Replies: 25
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 01:22 pm
She sucks her big toe when she is asleep.
If i try to reposition her, she gets angry, cries and refuses to go back to sleep for a while.
Not like taking a pan with her. hehe.. but kinda wierd all the same
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 01:37 pm
Ducklet likes to pretend she is a cat or a dog. She also won't eat anything fruity. Her older brother is afraid to go upstairs by himself -- even with every light in the house blazing.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 01:41 pm
Ha! These are funny. Thank you.

Ah, to maintain such flexibility. Babies are the ultimate yoga practitioners.

Mo likes to pretend he's a peacock. He yelps a high pitched "help.... help" that sounds very much like a peacock. Of course people always assume he needs help. When he explains that his is a peacock they are convinced he needs help!
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 01:55 pm
OMG, so cute!

My oldest freaks me out b/c of his job, he's in the army, stationed in Afghanistan, and when he gets out next July, he plans to apply to beccome a mercenary and go back as a civilian... Shocked When he was little, he was the boy in the cape or holding an umbrella jumping off the porch rail attempting to fly... Shocked

My next, 22, as a little boy, had a little rubber halloween bat he named, "Batty," and he carried Batty to every function he attended, went to school with him in his backpack, etc. etc. He was so cute back then. Once he misplaced Batty at an art event and we asked people there to help us find his rubber bat, and they found a rubber baseball bat as well as his bat, that was rather surreal... Confused

My next is a surfer, 13, just came into possession of an hourglass figure, and is lobbying to get her bellybutton pierced. Yowza! Shocked

My next is 7, and she plays a weird game when she plays alone with her Bratz, she keeps them in a handbag and will line up their feet and has the dolls come out of the purse (which is their home) and they mince along on their stumps and try on the different pairs of feet. Shocked

Then my baby, 5, thinks he is a princeling, expects to be attended to constantly. He also emphatically tells you he is "allergic to water," therefore he cannot shower. Shocked In spite of his generally dirty state, girls and women all like him and seem to know him by name all over town. It's a little weird since I don't usually know them, but he knows them. He's a charmer, that one. Cool He carries a stuffed bunny around, and the stuffed bunny has a pet resin rabbit that also goes around with us.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 01:57 pm
That is hilarious. I especially like the trying on feet routine. Laughing
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 02:32 pm
When my 6 year old was about 9 months old, she couldn't really talk, but used to growl all the time and sometimes very loudly. It made being out in public very interesting. Here is a cute little baby girl and this horrible viscous growling coming out of her mouth. People must have wondered what I was teaching her. My six year old also loves rocks - she talks to them and collects them. Since I won't let her have them in the house, she leaves them near the door and always says "Hi rockys."

Funny princess - my 6 year old is allergic to "ants" at least in her opinion.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 02:38 pm
I'm not sure why, but that reminded me of a scene not so long ago when ducklet was potty training. She and duckie were in the bathroom together and she just had to be the one to flush. So the two of them are standing over the toilet while it flushes and saying their goodbyes to the poop.

"Bye poop!"
"Call us when you get there"
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 02:59 pm
These are great stories!

Thank you all for sharing them. I'm thinking that at least my little weirdo is in good company.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 03:02 pm
I used to call my daughter "Princess Moonbeam". Whenever an interesting thought occured to her, she would just stop whatever she was doing or saying to consider it. It was funny to see her climbing into the car seat and then pause with one knee up on the seat while she wondered why chocolate melts.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 03:04 pm
My grandfather wore dentures. At night he would take them out to brush them. My (6 year-old) brother thought that was really neat and was convinced for a year that his teeth were "stuck."
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 05:20 pm
Stray memory that popped into my mind this week.

My brother was about four years old and did something (exactly what is lost in the mists of time) that was very like something my father would do.

My mother turned to her friend and remarked, "Hereditary taint."

My brother retorted, "Reditary 'tis."
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 08:41 am
My brother, at about four, was convinced that, before his birth into our family, he lived in an apartment in Chicago. We were quite rural; I don't know how he even conceived the idea of an apartment. But he described it quite vividly.

Maybe he was right?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 08:47 am
You never know. Little ones are definitely more tuned in to things not corporeal. Fascinating little creatures.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 08:49 am
Maybe he related to JJ on "Good Times".
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 08:59 am
Wy wrote:
My brother, at about four, was convinced that, before his birth into our family, he lived in an apartment in Chicago. We were quite rural; I don't know how he even conceived the idea of an apartment. But he described it quite vividly.

Maybe he was right?

past life. how cool. Smile
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 09:02 am
Laughing Great stories indeed. No kids yet here, but I can share some ****-disturber stories from my own childhood that became family legend.

I was with my grandfather when I had to use my first public washroom. I think I was about 5 or 6, and just tall enough to use the urinal. So, some dude is doing his business next to me, and I take a peek, then yell out "Big deal!"

Around the same age, I was in the car with my folks, it was a hot day, and the windows were open. I saw someone riding one of those motorized vehicles on the street. I called out the window "Say, don't you know those things aren't allowed on the road?" I don't think I've ever seen my parents so embarrassed.

When I was about 8, I was visiting my great aunt, who must have been at least 75 at the time. I was curious, and asked "How old are you?"

She said "I'm only 31."

I responded "Really? You must use Oil of Oy Vey then."

I think I was born a natural bastid. Wink

More interestingly, I did once believe I was in contact with a ghost who died in a car accident just outside our old house. I was a preteen at that point, but it turns out my story was true, I did the research and found out it happened just like I thought. Shocked That is still one of the strangest experiences I have ever had.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 09:06 am
It's amazing what we can see if we just stop looking so hard. And stop thinking that we can't see it.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 09:07 am
Kids, hell. CAV freaks me out.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 09:08 am
Neat stories. When my son was little, he was continually experimenting with everything. He decided one day that he would make gunpowder, and one of the ingredients was saltpeter. He trudged to our local pharmacy and told the pharmacist (our personal friend) that he needed some of that stuff. The pharmacist smiled and asked him. "And, what do you need that for?"

Always quick on his feet, my son replied. " er, Mom needs it."

"Really? and why is that?" (by this time, the pharmacist was barely able to stifle a laugh)

" uh, she's making a rug."

Needless to say, my husband got a lot of teasing about that little episode.
0 Replies