Hephaestion and Alexander questions

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 08:07 pm
I am doing an essay for school proving that Alexander was a bisexual man deeply in love with Hephaestion.

Now before you scorn me hear the facts that convinced me. When Hephaestion died of what is thought to be Tuberculosis, Alexander stayed by his dead friend for three days without sleeping, eating, or releiving himself. In the end his generals had to drag him bodily from the room. After that, Alexander went mad with grief. He shaved his head and the manes of all horses in his calvery. Alexander had always been a heavy drinker, but now he was contantly in a state of drunkedness. In fact he died three months after the death of Hephaestion from Malaria contracted from lying drunk in a gutter in Babylon for some days.

Now if anyone has any good links on this matter or reports of their own please for the love of everything holy contact me at [email protected]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 769 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 08:12 pm
I'd suggest you Google Alexander/Hephaestion. I have no links handy but Alexander's love for Hephaestion is a generally accepted fact by most historians. There should be a slew of links on Google.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 11:06 pm
Here is the Google scholar page:

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&lr=&q=Alexander+AND+Hephaestion&btnG=Search

here is another A2k topic where this is discussed:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39378&
0 Replies