How would you handle this?

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 06:48 pm
Hey guys it is I! Long time no talk I know, I know.

Well here is my issue this time:

I have been away for some time now living in Cali. My better half has been here and in the past 6 months we really never had to much time together. Well I realized how much I wanted to be with her so I moved back home only to find out some disturbing news. She was leaving! She had joined the Navy. She had talked about this matter to me several times before, but I never thought she would just up and go through with it! I had exactly 3 days to spend with her before she left! She had called me from the airport as she was getting ready to boared her plane and she told me she still loved me and that she was going to miss me and write me every day! Well here we are 25 days now since she has been gone and no letter.... I have written her 5 times so far the 5th time was as of today. My sister wrote her once and has already received a letter back. As for her family well they only have recieved one letter also. I guess my issue is this... How do I deal with this I thought that I missed her when I was Cali, but now I realize I miss her more then ever before! She is supposed to come home for X-mas. I plan to ask her to marry me. I know that she is the one I want to spend the rest of my life with and this distance has helped me figure that one out! So what the hell can I do till then? I try to go out but I am reminded of her every where and then my night just turns to sh!t...Please if anyone else is going through this please tell me what you do to cope?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 639 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 08:11 pm
If she is in Basic Training, her time is very limited.

An engagement ring for Christmas? She's in a situation where she'll be changing a lot in a short time. How long is her tour of duty? Three years? Four years?

Iraq isn't a naval war--but goodness knows where she'll be assigned.

Good luck, whatever happens.
0 Replies

Snowlock

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 09:59 pm
Well, first off... communication. It looks like the communication in your relationship is quite strained... I mean, if you were her bf, lover, confidant, etc. and you didn't know that she was leaving to join the Navy, well that says either she's a 'fly by the seat of her pants' kind of woman... or you and her really aren't talking effectively.

Now, another consideration is that you claim that she has talked about joining the Navy several times, but you didn't think she would do it. This is another poor example of communication. You should always respect your significant other and at least consider her decisions as much as yours.

I'm not sure that asking her to marry you is a smart move, especially if you have a communication problem and she truly is in the Navy. Military life is hard enough for the 'perfect' marriage... I can only imagine what it can do to an unstable one to begin with.

I hope you find your answer... and I certainly hope it works how you want... everyone deserves happiness.
0 Replies

Mikeymike

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 05:39 pm
This response is to Noddy24:

At this time she is just now entering bootcamp. I should have rephrased my story a little better. I knew that she wanted to join the Navy and I knew that there was a chance of her leaving I just didnt know that it was going to be so soon. And also she joined till retirement. I dont care where this takes her I just know I want to be there with her spending everyday of the rest of my life with her.

But the whole reason I put this topic was to figure out things to do to kill the time until she comes back
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 05:48 pm
Suppose she is not coming back.

Has she accepted your engagement ring?
0 Replies

Mikeymike

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 05:57 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Suppose she is not coming back.

Has she accepted your engagement ring?

It was her idea that we stay together, while she was away and I wanted to more then anything in the world so of course I was like YEA! Her and I were engaged once before but a situation caused us to part for a few I know she loves me and I know I love her and she did state that she will be back for X-mas what better time to do it then for the holidays in front of both of our families
0 Replies