Third Curtain.... Rain Forest Wild-Clickers, Unite! 3 Clicks

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 08:04 am
Thank you so much, all, for the natal day greetings. I logged off early last night so didn't see the lovely greetings until this morning, after clicking. Mmm...chocolate is delicious, Piff.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 09:06 am
MA ~ hope you had a great day!

Husker Husker ~

http://www.hellasmultimedia.com/webimages/birthday/images/bd9.gif
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 09:50 am
Oh, all of these wonderful birthdays. Happy, happy, husker. Tomorrow is my son's, Jan. 1 is my daughter-in-law's, and Jan. 2 is my sister's. Must be something about March.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 09:53 am
Thanks Stradee... Husker!!! Happy Birthday... guess I'm a day late but the sentiment for a wonderful year to follow is here with many happy returns of the day.

Here's a tiger for you... from the Rose Parade:

http://www.2020hindsight.org/manila_images/2020Hindsight/tigerdecorated13693.jpg

Husker -- I hope you feel as strong as a tiger... and get a purple tongue from drinking lots of grape juice. Here's to ya!
0 Replies

HofT

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 10:13 am
Belated Christmas wishes to all, and Happy Birthday to Andrew.

Stradee - did you get the WolfSash Christmas card with 8 wonderful wolfie pictures? Thanks for your own card, sorry didn't reply sooner!
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 10:27 am
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=RNWE,RNWE:2004-43,RNWE:en&q=skydiving

Merry Andrew, go there, and start with the first link. Good place.
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 10:43 am
MA, please be in good physical condition before doing this. While it is much fun - it can be much more fun if nothing is hurt in the process. The landing is the thing - in the military it's called the Parachute Landing Fall (PLF). In my case it was usually a (splat). lol grin

Happy Birthday Husker!!!

Clicked
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 11:47 am
The first time I landed, in non-windy conditions, my stomach muscles must have tensed up as my belly was yellow for a couple of days. No pain though.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 03:28 pm
Hi Hoft! Merry Christmas to you too!

Wolfie pictures!!!!!!!!!! How cool is that! Will look for them next trip to the post. How thoughtful, Helen! Thanks

Hope you had a wonderful holiday also Smile
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 03:49 pm
MerryAndrews, enroll in sky diving school for your birthday present! What's the worse thing that can happen? <dont' answer that>

ok, how bout attempting a sport that's less taxing. Perhaps Bunji jumping? If you don't sprain yer ankle, THEN jump out of an airplane!

<my god you guys are brave!>
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 04:15 pm
Uhmmm, maybe ballroom dancing would be fairly safe?
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 05:00 pm
Piffka, LOL

How the woman wear spiked heels and still manage spinning around the dance floor a feat for the Olympics. One could injure a shin! or worse, their dancing partner could lose an eye! Shocked

<ok, i'm done with silliness for the day>
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 05:45 pm
My Volvo mechanic and his wife are amateur champion ballroom dancers. They seem to have loads of fun. (and they get to dress up, too!)
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 07:20 pm
How sweet, Piff!

Did you see the movie "Shall we Dance"? The scene where the two dancing on roller skates - enchanting.

http://www.skatelog.com/photos/movies/shall-we-dance-poster-242x368.jpg
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 08:10 pm
sumac, thanks much for that link. I've filed it among my favorites so I can research at leisure.

Danon, I'm in pretty good shape for the shape I'm in. Smile

Stradee, bungee jumping is one pastime that holds no interest for me whatever. If uou're gonna do it, do it right, I say.

Piffka, I tried ballroom dancing in my younger days. Unfortunately my sense of rhythm is such that every waltz turns into a tango (or is that 'tangle'?). I'm so glad all the new dances, where you don't even touch your partner, are so free-style that one can do anything one wants on the dance floor and nobody will point fingers or laugh at you!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 08:49 pm
Stradee wrote:
How sweet, Piff!

Did you see the movie "Shall we Dance"? The scene where the two dancing on roller skates - enchanting.

Haven't seen that one, but I've seen "Shall We Dansu" -- the Japanese version, and "Strictly Ballroom" -- out of Oz. I see that there's a new version of Shall We Dance, with (yikes) Richard Gere.

Hey Merry Andrew... I'd think you'd be great at tangling it up on the dance floor.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 10:08 pm
Piffka, haven't seen the Japanese version but received as a gift three of the Fred and Ginger movies. The roller skating sequence is really quite good considering the skates the pair wore were "key skates" with straps!

Here's a website where there are commments form the pair <plus trivia about their movies>

http://www.reelclassics.com/Teams/Fred&Ginger/fred&ginger.htm

MerryAndrews, now see - there ya go getting all huffy about my favorite sporting event! Did I once laugh at your dancing? Noooooooooo
Wait, was that you at Spargo's?

never mind
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 08:58 am
LOL. I thought that 'Strictly Ballroom' Was a great movie. My sister had the tape and played it when I was in Ft. Worth last. I have never seen it offered on TV or cable. Pity. Great story, and great dancing.

clicked.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 11:19 am
G'day Wildclickers!

Wow, what a storm we're having in the Sierra's! Expecting more rain tomorrow also. The higher elevations receiving lots of snow - holiday skiiers will be lovin' life!

Travel safe everybody.

clicked
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 11:32 am
The ups and downs of weather in the Carolinas....expected temps tomorrow and for the next several days are to be in the low 60's.

Nice, as I will spend a lot of time outdoors.
0 Replies