Third Curtain.... Rain Forest Wild-Clickers, Unite! 3 Clicks

Stradee

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 09:33 am
Just heard a news report the freeway near my house closed due to the winter storm! Should be an adventure finding a way to the Shelter!

Have a safe holiday!

http://www.hellasmultimedia.com/webimages/newyear/images/hny4.gif
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 09:53 am
very enjoyable and safe New Year's to everyone. And stay off the roads.

Clicked.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 11:40 am
Time to put out the New Year's Eve buffet.
mmmmmmmm I love Danish food.

http://copenhagenet.dk/Images/Sandwiches.gif

http://copenhagenet.dk/Images/Frikadeller.gif

http://copenhagenet.dk/Images/Kaffe.jpg
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 12:17 pm
It all looks so yummy. Have a good one!
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 02:18 pm
Meine Gott in Himmel, ehBeth!!!!

I just gained 5 pounds looking at those pix!!

grin..............
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 02:22 pm
One of my goals in life is New Year's Eve in Copenhagen someday.

Wonderful, wonderful Copenhagen
Friendly old girl of a town
'Neath her tavern light
On this merry night
Let us clink and drink one down
To wonderful, wonderful Copenhagen
Salty old queen of the sea
Once I sailed away
But I'm home today
Singing Copenhagen, wonderful, wonderful
Copenhagen for me
I sailed up the Skagerrak
And sailed down the Kattegat
Through the harbor and up to the quay
And there she stands waiting for me
With a welcome so warm and so gay
Friendly old girl of a town
'Neath her tavern light
On this merry night
Let us clink and drink one down
To wonderful, wonderful Copenhagen
Salty old queen of the sea
Once I sailed away
But I'm home today
Singing Copenhagen, wonderful, wonderful
Copenhagen for me
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 06:39 pm
My goal is New Year's Eve in Vienna, where they bring in the new year in style, and with a lot of great music, ending with Strauss (but of course). Look for a replay of tonight's festivities, hosted always by Walter Konkrite, with wonderful images of the beauty of the city's old palaces and magnificent buildings, on your local PBS station tomorrow evening. Or at the latest, the evening of January 2nd. Exceedingly well produced, always. Konkrite has been doing this for years.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 06:46 pm
the hamburgers love that PBS special, sumac.

I imagine they'd do Vienna at New Year's as well - if they can fit another trip into the schedule.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 09:55 pm
Better check your local PBS station for when it will air. While in SC, it was always on in the evening. I just checked the schedule, and found out that it will be on at 2:30 pm here in NC.

From the PBS website:

"GREAT PERFORMANCES continues its time-honored holiday tradition with its 21st annual New Year's Day visit to Vienna with host Walter Cronkite. This year, Lorin Maazel returns as guest conductor to lead the world-renowned Vienna Philharmonic in a program of delightful Strauss family waltzes from the majestic Musikverein. And international ballet star Vladimir Malakhov joins the Vienna State Opera Ballet as soloist and choreographer in performances from two of Vienna's architectural splendors, the Belvedere and Coburg palaces. In a special addition to this year's program, GP presents Vienna's delectable treats and idyllic retreats: the creation of Viennese apfelstrudel from apple blossom to serving table and a tour of the city's famous woodland set to Johann Strauss II's "Tales from the Vienna Woods."

Polkas dominate this year's concert as Lorin Maazel once again ascends the podium. The maestro's 11th appearance as the Vienna Philharmonic's guest conductor on New Year's Day is also his silver jubilee; it was 25 years ago that the orchestra first asked him to lead the annual concert. Delve into two of the works included in the 2005 program -- Johann Strauss, Jr.'s "Tales from the Vienna Woods" and the perennial "Radetzky March" by his father -- in the essay by writer Marc Geelhoed. Review the polkas, galops, and waltzes slated for the concert in the song list. And test your skills with the Name That Strauss Tune game in the Multimedia Presentation. (The free Flash 5 plug-in is required.)"
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 10:46 pm
sumac,
I was a guest at the New Year's Day concert in Vienna and it was wonderful. A really moving event.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 10:55 pm
I will have to be on a lookout for this concert. The Piffka Family has just finished a delicious supper of crab cakes which we all had a hand in making. Yummmm. This may become a new tradition for us.

Beth, your buffet looks delicious too...

Danon, Stradee, Sumac, EhBeth and all WildClickers --- Happy New Year!!!!!!

I know, it isn't midnight yet, but I doubt I'll stay up. It must be close to midnight....somewhere.

Click and Clink!
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 11:39 pm
Piffka,
The New Year's Day concert is - was and hopefully this year - usually with Walter Cronkite and is a great thing to see and experience. It is played in the Musikverein in Vienna and is normally not a tourist attraction - tickets are sold out forever. Our guest - while not giving names - is the person owning Romer Quelle - a mineral water offered in Europe. It was a rare performance for us and afterwards we had lunch at the Hotel Sacher. It was a very nice day and one to be remembered.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 08:43 am
Lucky you, Danon.

Ul has been after me for a couple of years to come over for a visit. Some day, I will figure out how to afford it. My passport has been brought up to date and I have found someone to look after the kitties. It is just the flight that I have to figure out. Sigh.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 09:19 am
Waiting for the New Year's Day concert from Vienna to start on my local NPR station (WGBH-FM) in just about 45 minutes. If your local public radio station doesn't carry it, you can listen to it streamed online at WGBH.org.

Happy New Year, y'all!
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 09:33 am
Morning Merry Andrew and sumac,

Happy New Year to you and all Wildclickers.

I've clicked my first set of clicks in a row for this coming year....................
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 09:43 am
Happy New Years Day sumac, Danon, MerryAndrews and all Wildclikers!

Music tapes at the ready, and heading out with treats for darling shelter animals!

Have a great day all ~

clicked
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 10:46 am
Welcome to 2005 everyone!

Hope it was a pleasant evening, and that the conditions of the day will allow you to get out to greet the new year.

Click
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 10:58 am
aktbird57 team stats

Your Team's total visits My visits: (972)

Your 197 friends visits: (35,525)
Their 75 friends visits: (0)
And their 10 friends visits: (68)

You and your 282 friends have supported 1,687,001.9 square feet!

Marine Wetlands habitat supported: 55,806.2 square feet.
You have supported: (33,971.2)
Your 282 friends have supported: (21,835.0)

American Prairie habitat supported: 32,346.8 square feet.
You have supported: (9,199.8)
Your 282 friends have supported: (23,147.0)

Rainforest habitat supported: 1,598,848.9 square feet.
You have supported: (158,405.3)
Your 282 friends have supported: (1,440,443.6)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 11:00 am
our team has clicked more than 36000 times altogether!

isn't that amazing <boggled mind here>

Now - it's a new year - time for a new thread?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 11:02 am
ohhhh - and the next thread will be number 55

can I ask that the number be included in the title (for the clickers who are collecting the threads)

55 significant for anyone?
special meaning?
0 Replies