Do i have daddy issues?

hussshy

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2017 09:07 pm
Am 21 and attracted to only older men around 29 to 35. Honestly mostly because they set me straight when am being immature and i feel am a better person. Plus they are decent, mature, stable, better lovers, way experienced in every aspect! A close friend pointed out i might have daddy issues? I was close to my dad till he died its not like he wasn't emotionally or physically unavailable at all!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 918 • Replies: 13
No top replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2017 09:12 pm
@hussshy,
I think your friend is off base.

I'll edit to add, it is none of your friend's business.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2017 09:20 pm
@hussshy,
There are very few men who become fathers when they are 14 years old (If your father were 35 now, he would have been 14 when you were born).
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2017 09:36 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Adds, not all mature men are actually mature as a kind of precondition of advancing age.
vikorr

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2017 09:42 pm
@hussshy,
In reality, only a psychologist could help you answer such a question.

If you want to start to answer the question for yourself - I'd just start trying to understand what you find attractive in a partner...without judging yourself on such (genetics & morals are not the same thing at all).

Understanding yourself is a good thing.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 07:58 am
@ossobucotemp,
Thank God for that.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 07:08 pm
No; if your choices were in their 50s or 60+, then you might have a "sugar daddy" issue.

maxdancona

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 07:10 pm
@PUNKEY,
Quote:
No; if your choices were in their 50s or 60+, then you might have a "sugar daddy" issue.

Sadly.... being a sugar daddy requires having money. Sigh.
0 Replies

D45ist

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 09:32 pm
@hussshy,
Back in my day, males were not attractive until they were men of about 30. Males mature more slowly and when under 30 are still children compared to a female of the same age. The age of the men you are atttracted to is MORE normal than being attracted to males your own age. They have careers, interests and maturity which is what you should be attracted to.
PUNKEY

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2017 07:27 am
@D45ist ,
Males mature more slowly and when under 30 are still children compared to a female of the same age.

Smile

maxdancona

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2017 11:11 am
@PUNKEY,
What do you mean by "mature"? Things like risk-taking behavior, a willingness to challenge authority, breaking social convention are beneficial to young men and women who are starting careers and want to make a mark on the world.

I associate maturity with learning how to act within social boundaries. These are traits that often get in the way of success. Women might do well to be less mature if things like earning potential and leadership are the goal.
D45ist

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2017 11:25 am
@maxdancona,
Maturity is the stage where the human animal starts making decisions based on logic rather than emotion. Young adults do not fully possess the abililty.

Yes, dating some 21y/o young buck without a career, still figuring out the direction of his life, no wisdom, who will cheat, who has little sexual prowess, who is not capable of understanding women or their complex feelings is something most women should forgo.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2017 12:59 pm
@D45ist ,
In my experience, 21 year old women aren't any more "logical" than 21 year old men. Americans do tend to teach girls to follow the rules, but rule following isn't the same as logic.
D45ist

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2017 03:01 pm
@maxdancona,
I agree that today's 21 year olds, male or female, are a far cry from 21 year olds of the past, but all of science disagrees with you. From birth, females mature faster and reach maturity quicker. It takes longer for the male of the species to mature, not only in body, males grow until 21 while females are fully grown by 14 on average, but also mentally.

It's the way the animal evolved. Your experience is at odds with it, but it obvious that you have probably treated many adolescents in your medical practice and raised several children. So, I will let your vast and worldly experience supersede that of the medical community.

Thank you for teaching us all something. You should really bring this up at the next AMA as the medical community believes the exact opposite.
0 Replies