2008, Who's your man? And Why?

Centroles

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 04:29 am
Only men are manly enough to ever be president, or even to have rights for that matter as the constitution makes clear "all MEN are created equal"... :p

In reality, I could well see the 2008 race being between Hillary and Giuliani. Neither is on this poll as both are on the other poll.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 05:02 am
As soon as Condi Rice announces herself as born-again, I'm filing for an entry visa to New Zealand.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 06:21 am
Harper wrote:
Al Sharpton could beat Condi Rice. Folks, you are bordering on delusional. Rice has never even ran for elective office.

IMO, Al Sharpton could not win a race for dogcatcher. Besides having a big mouth, and accentuating problems, not to help people, but for his own self-aggrandisement, what positives does he bring to the table?

And Harper, are you old enough to remember the Tawana Brawley case?

http://www.weirdrepublic.com/episode14.htm

http://www.courttv.com/archive/legaldocs/newsmakers/tawana/

Quote:
On July 13, 1998, after a trial lasting almost eight months, a jury found the three advisors liable for defaming Pagones.

Just over two weeks later, on July 29, the jury awarded Pagones $345,000 in damages, about two percent of the amount he originally sought. Sharpton was found liable for $65,000 of the total damages, Maddox for $95,000 and Mason for $185,000.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 09:00 am
I was rather impressed with Al Sharpton during the campaign. Watching him on various news programs, he managed to cut to the chase and make alot of sense in the things he had to say. Some may say that he accentuates problems but to me, he exposed problems. Problems that needed to be exposed and brought into the open. Not swept under the rug. He lays it on the line. Unfortunately, he's also easily bought and doesn't seem to have any loyalties outside of his own pocket. (As if that's any different than any other politician). When the stories came out that his campaign was funded by the Republican party and he was nothing more than a diversion to split the African-American vote, it came as no real surprise. It's just amazing how low a man will stoop. And who's willing to stoop that low alongside him.
0 Replies