Is it worth it to even have girl friends?

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 04:48 pm
99.9% of the time I try to befriend a girl, she most times ends up being a bitch. I try to give them the benefit of the doubt, but when it's only one and ten good girls...I don't even care to have girl friends anymore. Sometimes it only gets lonely because I can't go do girlie things since most of my friends are guys.

Like I've always wanted to have a girl's night when how can I when I only have 3 girl friends and they're always busy because they all have kids?

When I try to befriend a single girl who doesn't have a kid, she always disrespects me by trying to date my crush creating an unnecessary competition.

This one time at my old job, there was this girl we'll call Chris. Anyway, I had a bad vibe about her but because I barely knew her, I thought I'd give her a shot. Things were fine until she knew who my crush was. At first, I didn't care because a guy isn't really worth losing a girl friend over, but then she lied on me and snitched on me trying to get me into trouble at work even though she knew what she was doing...provoking me.

Now I tell myself why I had a bad vibe about her.

Another time, I met this girl through a guy I was seeing at the time. I was seeing him, and that girl was seeing his cousin. I thought the four of us could double date. Nope, things happened and she ends up dating the guy I was seeing. It never fails.

Does anyone here not have any girl friends but just hang with guys and it turns out alright? I know my guy that I try to date might have a problem with that, but he already knows and I've told him why I don't have many girl friends because they don't respect my relationships with guys and they try to date the same guy I'm dating so he understands, luckily...

still...wish I could do a mani pedi night or something.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,325 • Replies: 24
Topic Closed
No top replies

tibbleinparadise

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 04:58 pm
@puzzling,
Not everybody is terrible. Sounds like you need to move way outside your circle of what is comfortable to find what you're looking for.

Oh, and maybe do some volunteer work or something at a homeless shelter to maybe provide some perspective to life's problems.
puzzling

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 05:48 pm
@tibbleinparadise,
Um I already do that and yeah most girls I meet are pretty backstabbing. Whenever I hang out with a guy friend he even says girls don't stick together either. Not sure what volunteering or whatever have to do with my question??
ossobucotemp

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 06:21 pm
@puzzling,
You sound like a confused person that is also insulting to others.

Who ever mentioned volunteering was probably interested in getting you to have care about people.
puzzling

Sat 17 Jun, 2017 08:32 am
@ossobucotemp,
If you are a girl you just keep proving why it is better off not to have girl friends. Your snark really is not helping the cause. Of course I would be insulting to women who have no respect for my relationships when they try to date the person I want to marry. I rest my case. I do not need any girl drama.
0 Replies

puzzling

Sat 17 Jun, 2017 08:35 am
@ossobucotemp,
Why would I want to be nice to women who have no boundaries going after a friend's crush? If I kept those types of women around just to be holier than though thinking they aren't terrible I would never have my own relationship. Again, I still do not get your point bringing up volunteering. One of the bitches I mentioned I met at volunteering.
0 Replies

puzzling

Sat 17 Jun, 2017 08:37 am
@ossobucotemp,
If you are not going to answer the question I asked trying to turn this around on me, stop wasting my time.
puzzling

Sat 17 Jun, 2017 08:46 am
@puzzling,
After all these posts and two responses my question still has not been answered. Good grief.
tibbleinparadise

Sat 17 Jun, 2017 09:39 am
@puzzling,
Maybe you should just not have female friends.
0 Replies

puzzling

Sat 17 Jun, 2017 11:59 am
@ossobucotemp,
by the way, when I already have a lack of faith in women as it is, it's best not to come at me with an attitude. thanks!!! Smile
ossobucotemp

Sat 17 Jun, 2017 07:30 pm
@puzzling,
You pour sap!
0 Replies

puzzling

Sun 18 Jun, 2017 12:38 am
@puzzling,
Yeah, I'm gonna stick with not having any female friends. They're not loyal and they don't have any boundaries when it comes to dating a friend's crush. Plus, they're disrespectful and snarky. Not my cup of tea. Once a relationship is over, an ex crush is fair game, but while it's becoming something and you still go after a friend's crush creating a competition, that's a no-no. I don't care if a guy I'm kind of seeing is dating someone else and it's not official yet...as long as it's not someone I'm close with or hang out with because I don't do that bf/gf swap thing.

Trying to have a girl BFF is really too much efforts when you know most girls are insecure of themselves trying to be better than the next girl. Not gonna try and be a friend someone who secretly hates me because my life is better than hers because I don't sit on my ass and complain about it I go out and get what I want.
0 Replies

D45ist

Sun 18 Jun, 2017 01:37 am
@puzzling,
Having a bad vibe and still going out with the girl makes you a dipshit.

Why, please, why are young people today their own worst enemy? Every single thing you all do is exactly the opposite of what you should be doing.
hightor

Sun 18 Jun, 2017 05:59 am
@puzzling,
"Is it worth it to even have girl friends?"

It seems, in your case, that it's not. So forget about it and concentrate on doing more constructive things with your life.
0 Replies

celebritydiscodave

Sun 18 Jun, 2017 07:36 am
@puzzling,
I run a sanctuary bedsit from my home. Both of the girls currently in residence prefer the company of guys. Those guys that are both enthusiastic about and capable of maintaining a genuine friendship only relationship with girls are a rare breed indeed, and it does n`t surprise me at all that most girls cannot compete with this. There must be some considerable instinct involved in distinguishing these more adequate guys from the rest.
0 Replies

celebritydiscodave

Sun 18 Jun, 2017 07:41 am
@D45ist ,
At least they make sense - No relationships are perfect, and one will never likely have a worthwhile relationship should one jump out each and every time they have a bad vibe. Those most able at relationships are those that welcome experience in trying to make them work.
D45ist

Sun 18 Jun, 2017 08:13 am
@celebritydiscodave,
That's ridiculous. Being choosy is how you find the right person. Trying on every person is the behavior of someone with no self respect. And a good way to ensure you fell used, abused, disallusioned and never find love.

Take it from your elders who actually had long marriages.
celebritydiscodave

Sun 18 Jun, 2017 03:11 pm
@D45ist ,
There is no proof that you are made wiser as a consequence to long marriages, unfortunately, and good fortune may have played the primary role. Long marriages are too often the territory of too few telling tests. Knowing when to get out is just as important as knowing when to stay in, and not all long term relationships are everything which they should be. No prejudice here please, everybodies opinion and irrespective of their age should be deemed equal. The last thing anybody needs is condescending opinion. Those sentiments of yours makes no sense. What is it which you are talking about? - There is no suggestion of anybody "trying on every person", you just made that up to fit in with your own personal agenda.
celebritydiscodave

Mon 19 Jun, 2017 02:08 am
@celebritydiscodave,
Being choosy is how you find the right person but that is an entirely different topic all together. One is choosy before the event of friendship and we had been discussing a point after.
D45ist

Tue 20 Jun, 2017 07:37 am
@celebritydiscodave,
You think backwards like most people of the younger generation. Dumbing down of the people is how we went from a good country to a crappy one in just a few decades.