Need Advice on Whether a Guy is Interested or Not

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 10:52 am
Me and a guy have been seeing each other for almost 7 months, but our "relationship" has been quite difficult. We've had to do long distance for the majority of the time we've known each other, so it's been quite difficult because we're not officially in a relationship. He tells me he really likes me, but he doesn't text often at all (probably three times or less during the day..just depends). But once he got back from being away for a few months, he didn't see me as often as I thought he would. When I did see him, he asked me to be his girlfriend and I agreed to it. In addition, he told me he wanted to move in with me, and that he saw a promising future with me. But when he got back he's back to sporadically texting me, and only hanging out with me for a few hours, and tending to hang out with his friends more. I'm just completely confused about this, and need some advice on whether to stay or move on.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 521 • Replies: 14
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 10:59 am
@vanilletwilight,
How old are both of you?
vanilletwilight

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 11:00 am
@ehBeth,
Early 20's
jespah

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 11:00 am
@vanilletwilight,
I bet he's got a girlfriend where he currently lives, and just hasn't told you yet.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 11:01 am
@vanilletwilight,
vanilletwilight wrote:
He tells me he really likes me, but he doesn't text often at all (probably three times or less during the day..just depends).

I shouldn't laugh, but that did make me giggle a bit. I get annoyed if people text me more than every few days. None of them are doing anything I'm that interested in knowing about more often.

Everyone's tolerance for/interest in texting is very different.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 11:02 am
@vanilletwilight,
Are you in a rush to be in a serious relationship? why not enjoy the casual dating stage of life - it's about the best life can be.
vanilletwilight

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 11:04 am
@ehBeth,
I just think my feelings for him are really strong, and I want that type of strong relationship with him. But yeah maybe you are right, just take it slow.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 11:06 am
@vanilletwilight,
Try and relax into it. Have fun with him. Do fun/friend stuff with him.

There's long enough to be grown-up and serious in a relationship.
vanilletwilight

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 11:09 am
@ehBeth,
Okay thank you! Also, he told me he loved me (but I think he was drunk).. and he bought me expensive jewelry. But he also makes promises that he can't keep? Like he promised he would take me to dinner the next day, but never called me about it. And he's done this a few times before. What do you think about that? Thank you for your advice, much appreciated.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 11:11 am
@vanilletwilight,
vanilletwilight wrote:
Like he promised he would take me to dinner the next day, but never called me about it. And he's done this a few times before.

did you confirm the plans in advance or was it a let's go out tomorrow thing (without anything specific)?
vanilletwilight

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 11:13 am
@ehBeth,
He's not really the planner type of guy. But he genuinely sounded like he would keep and follow through with his promise, but then never does. And he said where it would be and in the morning.. It's kinda weird to me
vonny

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 02:40 pm
@vanilletwilight,
Move on - he's playing you for a fool. You can do a lot better next time; just don't be in such a rush to enter into a serious relationship.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 06:20 pm
@vanilletwilight,
What would happen if you texted him something like - meet you at Q at 7 ?
vanilletwilight

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 10:59 pm
@ehBeth,
I usually do that, but he takes hours to respond. It's because he was hanging with his friends. If we made plans, it usually takes him hours to get it together.
0 Replies

johnperes

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 03:37 am
@vanilletwilight,
@vanilletwilight
In every relationship, there comes up and down in life which we have to face boldly. If that guy is not texting you in bulk, doesn't mean that he is not interested in you. Maybe he has some pressure of work on him which makes him busy all the day. Instead of waiting for his text just make him a call ask for an outing. Just have fun and relax.
0 Replies