The 2017 New Jersey Governor's Race?

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2017 07:40 am
We don't have many New Jerseyites here at a2k. Other than one, there are none that I am aware of.

But I plan on following this race to see who will replace the overlybloated and corrupt beached whale that is Chris Christie given he can not run because of term limits.

Any speculation here? Can this particular race be considered a bellwether against Trump given that Chris Christie was such a devout fanatic of the president and time and time again, was unceremoniously and ungraciously knocked down by Trump himself?

The Polls Are Open for New Jersey's Gubernatorial Primary
New Jersey gubernatorial election, 2017

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2017 08:41 am
I am curious to know how it turns out.
farmerman

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2017 12:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
New Jersey, where wackadoodle politics goes all the way back to the Revolution.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2017 12:56 pm
@tsarstepan,
Seeing as how it's Jersey, there's no real way to figure. Unless of course there is voter response survey asking why they chose a candidate. Jersey has a history of going back and forth between Democrats and Republicans, much in the way that New York State has. The Dems and Republicans in both places tend towards the middle, rather than heavily on a liberal or conservative side. Much of that balance is in the entire state and averaged out due to several large cities generally leaning Democrat and hundreds of smaller communities leaning a twinge more Republican.

The leading contender for the Democrats has an interesting background, including ties to the Obama years, but, working heavily against him (in my view) are his connections with Goldman Sachs.
I'd rather go with Jim Johnson.

On the Republican ticket, the only person who seems at all qualified, is Guadagno. Sure she has association with Christie, since she was Lt.Gov. under him, but she has also proved herself during the time Christie played as a Presidential contender and then as a Presidential nominees slap-toy.

I do have some family in Jersey, so, I keep an eye on things.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2017 01:03 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Jersey has a history of going back and forth between Democrats and Republicans, much in the way that New York State has.

And to my dismay, Massachusetts also flirts too often with Republican governors like present gov., Charlie Baker.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2017 04:03 pm
Don't measure anything using Christie. He's a buffoon. He and Hillary are old news, old politicians.
'
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2017 09:52 pm
Why are car insurance rates and taxes reputed to be so high in Jersey? Is the state government paying off the Mafia?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2017 12:59 pm
So it appears we have Guadagno for the Republicans and Murphy for the Democrats.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2017 10:13 pm
Did Christie take that job as sports-talk host on WFAN radio yet?
0 Replies