WHAT SHOULD X PERSON DO NOW?

chanx

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 09:14 am
Okay, so here is a very complicated question I have.
So X person is in a relationship with the Y person for a year now.
This X person had a complicated relationship previously with Z person a couple of years back, but things didn't work out but they liked each other for the longest time they knew each other. So here the problem starts, X person meets Z person after a long time after having no interaction and they talk to each other and things get heated up with Z person and they end up having a scene. But they both agree its a one time thing and nothing more. After that incident, they don't speak to each other. Now should the X person talk to Z and ask how is he/she doing or completely ignore and move on?
No jokes guys. Need honest opinions. Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 645 • Replies: 10
No top replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 09:27 am
@chanx,
X is in a relationship with Y. Leave Z alone. X should concentrate on the relationship with Y.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 09:30 am
@chanx,
chanx wrote:
X person meets Z person after a long time after having no interaction and they talk to each other and things get heated up with Z person and they end up having a scene. But they both agree its a one time thing and nothing more.

scene?

scene = sex ?

X needs to tell Y the truth about the scene with Z - as honesty is important (as you noted in your OP)

X needs to avoid Z - as X has promised Z this was a one-time thing

__

sounds like Y and Z would both be better off by never having to deal with dishonest, cheating X again
centrox

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 10:37 am
Personally, I steer clear of people with names that have only one letter, especially if they are near the end of the alphabet.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 11:01 am
This guy called Q that I know... lots of Judy Garland posters in his room.
chai2

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 11:50 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

X needs to tell Y the truth about the scene with Z - as honesty is important (as you noted in your OP

I have to disagree with X telling Y.

What purpose would it serve other than to create tension between them?

Honesty doesn't mean telling your partner everything. Sometime sleeping dogs should lie, especially if X is committed to not letting this happen again.

Now X does need to get tested for STD's, and if positive, must tell Y.
centrox

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 11:52 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
Now X does need to get tested for STD's, and if positive, must tell Y.

Who will say O!
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 01:07 pm
There is a business management thing called Lean, I think it was invented by Toyota, and it was fashionable in my organisation a few years ago. We all had to go to compulsory workshops about it. One problem solving method is called the three Cs. I said rather too loudly "I know those guys - they work in Finance!". I got a lot of laughs, and a sour look from the Lean guru who was being paid $500 a day to feed us bullshit.
centrox

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 01:08 pm
@centrox,
centrox wrote:
This guy called Q that I know... lots of Judy Garland posters in his room.

Sorry, that wasn't very PC.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 01:11 pm
@centrox,
centrox wrote:
I said rather too loudly

I do this a lot, I am afraid.
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2017 03:59 pm
@centrox,
<laughing>

Your guru comment reminded me of a situation - at the end of 4 years of landscape architectural studies - we had a guru in to learn-us-up on how to write landscape arch business letters.

By that time, I was 44 (the program took older people with prior degrees) and had worked part time for several years for major l.arch companies, one of them among the top three in the country and another very well regarded locally. Not everything the guru said was b.s., but quite a bit didn't apply, one way or another.

I saw their letters: in the first group, I was a beginner, even helping the secretary file, seeing a lot of their business letters, but also mapping properties, a fun job. In the second, I rose in the firm and boss and I were later long time colleagues. Re the earlier guru, being a grown woman, I didn't snort or roll my eyes but did have some mental chuckles. I don't blame the guru exactly, as she didn't know our businesses. We had for ordinary property design projects, including small, clarity for all, not scary for people to sign; some jobs, lotsa paper. For some jobs, a handshake, followed by a page or two; the handshake was the key there.

I have never been sued. Probably too late now.
0 Replies