What do Estate Agent Photographers charge these days?

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 07:48 am
I've decided to try and earn a bit of money with my photography and I've been in touch with one or two Estate Agents to see if they need a photographer to take professional photos of the properties they advertise.

I'm meeting with a local estate agent in a couple of days to discuss this.

What I want to know is, what is the going rate for photographers in this field?

I own all my own equipment, Canon 700D, 18-55mm (kit lens), 50mm and telephoto lens', tripods, monopods etc. I also would provide editing services as well as I edit with Lightroom and Photoshop.

If anyone could help it'd be much appreciated! Very Happy

Ragman

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 08:27 am
@AllProAzza,
As a pro photographer, I'd advise you to ask the Real Estate agent what it's worth to them. Let that be your guide. However, be aware that most agents take the pics themselves (or someone in their office who is a photog) either with Smartphones and/or their own digital cameras or perhaps a DSLR.

For the most part, they really won't pay a freelance photographer to do what they can do for free. More often than not they have no need for anything more than a snapshot.

Where the high end of the market sales are concerned, those properties and agents would be hiring established professional photographers who might have deep roots in the professional world. That would be those who are architectural photographers with lenses and equipment that corrects for perspective issues, light falloff (using several strobes or special lighting equipment), etc.
0 Replies

ekename

Reply Wed 31 May, 2017 01:04 am
@AllProAzza,
The professional photographer cost about USD185, which also included the floor plan diagram ( using an app once the pix are downloaded to computer).

The drone camera shots were an additional USD 185.

Costs are probably dependent upon the price of the real estate.
0 Replies