Stay Home, You Pathetic Whining Maggots

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 07:14 pm
http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Columnists/Calgary/Ian_Robinson/2004/11/14/713559.html

By Ian Robinson -- Calgary Sun

In the wake of the U.S. presidential election -- in which I cheerfully took a Sun assistant city editor, who figured Senator John Kerry couldn't lose, for $10 (a quick pause to gloat here) Americans disenchanted with President George W. Bush's re-election romp back into the White House, continue to deluge the Canadian immigration website.

How anybody can be unhappy with the president's re-election is beyond me.

Bush has my admiration in no small part because he manages to simultaneously annoy France and Germany, not to mention those renowned deep, geopolitical thinkers, the Dixie Chicks, Bruce Springsteen, P-Diddy or whatever he's calling himself now, Gwynneth Paltrow and Ben Affleck.

(Interesting note about France: America invades Iraq without UN approval and America is portrayed as a barbarian striding across the world stage. Recently, France essentially invaded the Ivory Coast to protect its interests there ... without asking the UN squat. Just pointing out the hypocrisy.)

Plus, let's face it: France deserves to be annoyed by as many people as possible, as often as possible, if only for encouraging Jerry Lewis by telling him that he was a genius.

Not to mention for exporting snotty wine culture across the Atlantic so that otherwise reasonable North Americans have turned into cork-sniffing oenephiles -- although the word sounds like an exotic perversion, it just means wine-nerd -- who can actually say with a straight face: "This is a full-bodied Cabernet, rich with a full body tasting of plum, blackberry and leather cooked on an oak plank."

Anyway, the day after the U.S. election, 115,628 Americans checked out the site and those numbers haven't fallen off very much.

Before the election, some U.S. celebrities and numerous other Democrats vowed that they'd move to Canada if Bush were re-elected.

I hope I'm not alone in gently suggesting to those considering coming to Canada: Stay home, you pathetic whining maggots.

Particularly celebrities. Canada has suffered enough without having to put up with any of the Baldwin brothers or -- heaven forfend! -- Barbra Streisand.

And frankly, I don't know if we can afford to feed Michael Moore.

Bad enough that Canada became a haven for the gutless wonders of the 1960s who fled the Vietnam draft. I sometimes think that the draft dodgers welcomed by the Trudeau government were a political virus that invaded our body politic, and we still suffer the lingering effects of that illness.

Our nation's preposterous pacifism, belief in nonsense such as "soft power" and fidelity to a morally bankrupt United Nations overrun with tin-pot dictators and other left-wing idiocies, may well be traceable back to the influx of thousands of the testosterone-challenged whose allegiance to country was superceded by their allegiance to smoking dope while trying to figure out the inner meaning of Beatles songs.

We have immigrants coming to this country who have been hunted from the air by murderous Islamofascists in Sudan.

Some new Canadians survived the atrocities in Rwanda or old Europe's final convulsions of genocide in the former Yugoslavia.

We have physicians from some parts of the world who are willing to throw away their prestige and power in their homelands for the privilege of driving a cab in Moose Jaw.

As a nation, we ought to welcome our share of people fleeing genuine oppression, and those willing to gamble everything to secure a safe and decent future for their families.

But welcome a bunch of spoiled brats willing to abandon their very nation because they don't like the man elected to be their leader for the next four years?

Geez, in my entire lifetime, there was maybe one prime minister I'd trust to run a street-corner hot dog stand -- the rest of them weren't fit for much more than compost -- but it never occurred to me to emigrate.

If we close our borders to anybody, it should be these fools. They'll be easy to screen out.

They'll be the ones who are whining.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,230 • Replies: 33
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 07:27 pm
hate to bust your bubble gunga but i'm not leaving
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 07:31 pm
Nor I.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 07:32 pm
me neither...not after this crap....
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 07:44 pm
You just got to love this guy Robinson and his admirers like gunga. Look what his next column is about:

" Childish logic behind ban on Nazi dolls"

"Great. Now that they've pulled the politically incorrect Nazi dolls from the shelves, what am I going to put at the top of my Christmas list?
Dolls depicting members of the German S.S. Totenkopf Division have been pulled off store shelves across North America because ... because ... well ... because Nazis are bad and evil".

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Columnists/Calgary/Ian_Robinson/2004/11/07/703893.html
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 07:48 pm
The guy makes Coulter look kinda smart --- Not really.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 07:51 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
The guy makes Coulter look kinda smart --- Not really.

the author or gungasnake?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 07:52 pm
he he
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 08:35 pm
Quote:
Bush has my admiration in no small part because he manages to simultaneously annoy France and Germany, not to mention those renowned deep, geopolitical thinkers, the Dixie Chicks, Bruce Springsteen, P-Diddy or whatever he's calling himself now, Gwynneth Paltrow and Ben Affleck.

O Canada, you should wish you could match the economies of France and Germany or the talents of the likes of The Boss. What do you offer? South Florida tourists who drive 45 in the fast lane of I-95 and who leave a $3 tip on a $100 tab! Of course, you do have Neal Young but he is on our side!!!
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 08:38 pm
BTW Ian, YOU MAGGOT, young Jerry Lewis was a comedic genius.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 09:13 pm
I thought these lines were pretty funny Smile

Quote:
France deserves to be annoyed by as many people as possible, as often as possible...

and...

Quote:
And frankly, I don't know if we can afford to feed Michael Moore

<who could? LOL>
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 09:20 pm
I get the impression that some of the demmy expatriate wannabees might be looking in the wrong direction; maybe they should be looking SOUTH, and not North...

http://ojinaga.com/posters/36.jpg
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 09:29 pm
I never cared for that brand of genius, but, least we forget, he did have the reputation of being the fastest gun in Hollywood. Seriously.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 09:29 pm
http://www.thelooneybin.com/

Here's a place you could go, gungy ole boy.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 09:51 pm
Or...I'd donate a few bucks to make certain George Soros finds a good, quiet monastery in which to contemplate the <cough> folly of his ways Smile

http://www.sendthempacking.com/html/main.shtml
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 10:59 pm
"How anybody can be unhappy with the president's re-election is beyond me. "

Says it all.

It IS beyond him - as most of civilisation appeasrs to be!!

Lol.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 11:00 pm
If Kerry'd won, Soros would have been secretary of state...
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 01:32 am
The Topic header summed it up... unbridled arrogance and contemptuousness.
"Gun" couldn't get past the first sentence without indulging himself in a gloatfest.

When individuals such as this presume to be the arbiters of our cultural heritage and presence...
prepare to learn to goosestep.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 01:43 am
Oenephiles wouldn't sniff a cork. It's best to sniff wine from a glass. One gets a more authentic bouquet that way.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 06:05 am
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies