Is there a difference between insurgents and terrorists?

JustWonders

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 03:01 pm
That woman in Iran who was stoned for commiting adultery? Maybe she could get Kofi to write a letter to the mullah-in-charge-of-stoning-women and tell him that's not nice.

They buried her in sand up to her waist so she couldn't run. There are days when I wish I'd never read that part.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 03:18 pm
revel wrote:
bill, you cannot assume that those that live in a Muslim ruled state want to be freed from an Islamic State even if some of the rules and customs that goes on is to our eyes and ears barbaric... Even in our country a minority does not get to decide how the country is run.
Revel, the barbarism isn't some freaky occurrence. It's carried out because it's the law there. That's the sovereign law you're defending.

In case you forgot, this started out by you quoting me:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
I don't believe the people have chosen, so much as they have accepted a theocracy in Iran.

revel wrote:
... Is it just the fact that they wear a veil that you believe that they have it so bad?...
Shocked
I provide you with evidence that not only is there State sponsored Rape, Child Molestation and Murder... but evidence of State Sponsored Public Stoning to death for women, sometimes for nothing more than adultery. Have you really convinced yourself that it's okay to force any of that stuff on another human being, simply because they had the misfortune of being born in Iran? Only the geographic location of your birth separates their fate from your own. This is hideous oppression against women, Revel. Open your eyes.

(If it helps you get your head around it; our allies in the area are mostly guilty of the same thingÂ… so you don't have to politicize it. It's one of those issues you shouldn't. Idea)
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 03:19 pm
Bright eyed and bushy tailed Kofi. I can't get over his statement when looking at the devastation in Shri Lanka asked where all the people were.

I sure hope someone told him.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 05:24 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
revel wrote:
bill, you cannot assume that those that live in a Muslim ruled state want to be freed from an Islamic State even if some of the rules and customs that goes on is to our eyes and ears barbaric... Even in our country a minority does not get to decide how the country is run.
Revel, the barbarism isn't some freaky occurrence. It's carried out because it's the law there. That's the sovereign law you're defending.

In case you forgot, this started out by you quoting me:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
I don't believe the people have chosen, so much as they have accepted a theocracy in Iran.

revel wrote:
... Is it just the fact that they wear a veil that you believe that they have it so bad?...
Shocked
I provide you with evidence that not only is there State sponsored Rape, Child Molestation and Murder... but evidence of State Sponsored Public Stoning to death for women, sometimes for nothing more than adultery. Have you really convinced yourself that it's okay to force any of that stuff on another human being, simply because they had the misfortune of being born in Iran? Only the geographic location of your birth separates their fate from your own. This is hideous oppression against women, Revel. Open your eyes.

(If it helps you get your head around it; our allies in the area are mostly guilty of the same thingÂ… so you don't have to politicize it. It's one of those issues you shouldn't. Idea)

Your right, you did prove that it was more than just wearing veils that you were talking about.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 07:01 am
JustWonders wrote:
That woman in Iran who was stoned for commiting adultery? Maybe she could get Kofi to write a letter to the mullah-in-charge-of-stoning-women and tell him that's not nice.

http://homepage.mac.com/macint0sh/1/pict/amos/amos.jpg

UN Senior Staff for Womens' Rights (same as UN senior staf for oil4food, oil4sex, oil4terorism oil4cheapwine etc. etc.)
0 Replies