Does he hate me...or fancy me?

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 04:39 pm
There's a lad in my English class. I knew him from primary school...we went to different high schools and haven't seen one another in 6 years. Back in p. school, I had to sit next to him, but he pestered me so much I asked to be moved. Now, every lesson I have with him, if he's in my line of sight I always catch him looking at me. He sits next to another boy and keeps making fun of everything I do (or at least I think he does...he always seems to be looking at me no matter what he's saying to any of our other classmates). It's really disconcerting but for the most part, I ignore it.

This lad knows what I think of him; I don't like him at all. This is only because my ex mentioned it to him, however. Around my ex and this other lad who he sits next to in my class he apparently makes fun of me behind my back, although when asked why he dislikes me, he never actually says why (I still get on with my ex and he tells me these things).

A few of my friends think that he actually likes me but is too immature to do anything about it...I know that boys act in strange ways to get a girl's attention...but what do you think? He's never had a girlfriend, from what I've heard...and as far as I can tell I've not given him a reason to hate me (save for asking to be moved 6 years ago)...but...it's confusing me a little.

(hope this made sense...not got much time to proofread it...I'll clarify if there's any confusion).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 781 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 08:59 pm
John Donne--pronouns altered for altered cases:

Quote:
If he be not fair for me
What care I for whom he be?

If you want to resolve your confusion, ask him. Bring a thermos of coffee or tea with an extra cup. If this seems too domestic, dare him to the student union.

Or continue in fruitless, bootless speculation.
0 Replies

Aurora Dark

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 11:40 pm
If he's making that big of a fuss, it really sounds more like he "likes" you.

I've been hated before by a few people (I'm not a cruel person; just misunderstood, really.. heh), and they only were cruel in behavior when I was directly beside them or interacting with them.

I find it hard to believe that someone that hated you would go through all of that effort to continually talk and notice things about you. Unless you offend him every moment you live (which doesn't seem to be the case), his overreacting is pointing towards "immature/liking".

If all else fails, just ask him, "why Do you talk about me all the time? Are you obsessed with me?" I dunno... "ask him" in any way or form is usually the best idea. Razz
0 Replies