Michael Jackson Interview?

sozobe

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 04:53 pm
Howard Hughes. Really good parallel.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 09:19 pm
Stinger
Everything you said has gone through my head over and over again and I agree with you for the most part, but as others said here, social services would be involved in a hearbeat if it were someone who wasn't rich and famous. I know that from personal experience because I was accused of medical negect simply because I refused to put my son on Ritalin. I left the country because I was unfairly harrassed by social services simply because I refused to drug my child with a dangerous unnecessary drug. I've also seen many parents abused unfairly by social services for no reason big enough to even mention. I'm not saying that MJ is abusing his children at all, but in the eyes of social services these days, what we saw in that interview would have been concidered abuse in their eyes. I know the media will do anything for a juicy story at the expense of anyone including children, but MJ should have been much more discrete as far as the children were concerned. I'm sure there are nanny's who care for the kids most of the time since he obviously doesn't know how to handle a baby, but he should have known better than to agree to the interview if he couldn't handle it. I truly feel bad for him because the media obviously did a hack up job on him, but he should have known they would.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 09:26 pm
I saw the first few minutes of the program & had to turn it off ... Felt like a voyeur.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 09:44 pm
I watched, and realized even more than before, how eccentric MJ really is. I felt sorry for him, sort of, because his behaviour is blamed on the fact that his dad was so strict, and his childhood was so deprived. Well, isn't that the pits. I know lots of people who had underpriviledged childhoods, including myself, and we didn't turn out like MJ. Part of being an adult is taking responsibility for yourself, instead of blaming your parents or the world for what you are.

I am really concerned for the kids he's parenting, and can't imagine in my wildest dreams how they are going to get along in life with his type of upbringing.

If MJ was not wealthy, would he have been allowed to keep these children? I doubt it.

He's very sick, and needs help desperately
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 10:14 pm
I saw about 30 seconds. Heard the reports the next day. He's a demented freak who needs to be lobotomized.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 12:29 am
I have this evening heard on CBS radio news that www.drudgereport.com is reporting that MJ is so angry at Mr. Bashir that he (MJ) has requested time on tonight's 60 Minutes to reply to what he thinks was unfair treatment.

The producer of 60 Minutes, Don Hewitt, is reportedly giving MJ's request much consideration.

If Drudge is correct and Hewitt agrees, this MJ circus will continue. The plot thickens!
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 09:17 am
MJ should let it rest in peace.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 09:56 am
ABC reported that the MJ interview was one of the top-rated programs of the week, so I bet 60 Minutes grants the equal time request.

If there's going to be a circus, the least they can do is provide peanuts.
0 Replies

Stinger

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 01:45 pm
While I'm not here to defend Michael Jackson, I do think it would be unwise for anyone to rush to judgement over an alleged offence, for which there is absolutely no evidence.

There was of course the allegations made by a teenager (Jordan Chandler), back in the early 1990's. Michael Jackson settled out off court, by paying several million dollars to the Chandlers. This of course, could be seen as evidence that he has something to hide. 'No smoke without fire'. Or it could simply be a multi-millionaire avoiding a court case in which he thinks that his reputation / image, could suffer even more damage, from months of public scrutiny / allegations / insinuations from shyster lawyers looking to make a percentage from a lawsuit.

At the end of the case, even if found to be 'not guilty' of wrong doing, there would still be plenty of people in society who would have concluded that despite the verdict, he was really guilty, and had simply got away with it by using expensive lawyers. Proceeding with a court case could have been a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

As I mentioned before, there are plenty of people in the world, who are capable of stooping pretty low, when they see an opportunity to make money. While I can't say what the truth is in relation to the those allegations, the fact that he paid off his accusers, may be suspicious, but in the real world it's not that unusual. Big business and government depatments pay off claimants on a regular basis - nuisance claims. It's cheaper and often less hassle than going to court, even though the claimant may have no case. It can also avoid the sort of press attention that could damage a company's reputation.

Parents are also capable of using their kids to make a fast buck. Although of course, Jordan Chandler's parents are undoubtably model citizens, and I of course would not say otherwise, some people at the time did have doubts about their claims against Jackson. That money may have been a motivating factor.

Of course that would seem like a very sick thing to do. Putting your son through the ordeal of a high profile sex scandal / court case, in which he has to claim to have been a victim of sexual abuse. I doubt any of you would contemplate doing it to your kids. You perhaps can't imagine any parent doing this, simply for cash. Sadly, that sort of person does actually exist. It is a mistake to underestimate the depths to which people can sink.

Here's a link about how a parent scammed people out off money to help give her daughter cancer treatment. Her daughter didn't have cancer, but that didn't stop her mother from telling the kid, and the local community, that she did...shaving her head to give the impression that she was sick...etc etc etc.....A similar case also happened in the UK a few months ago.

Mother fakes daughter's 'cancer' for cash
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/2593691.stm

This link concerns the nightmare ordeal experienced by two teachers in the UK. They were accused of child abuse, and had to prove their innocence, even AFTER the police had cleared them. So much for 'expert opinion'. It's perhaps a useful reminder that we shouldn't be too hasty in passing judgement on others, without evidence. It's easy to accuse, but not always so easy to clear your name.

Teachers clear their name
http://society.guardian.co.uk/children/story/0,1074,769443,00.html

Experts also claimed to have found evidence of satanic ritual child abuse in the Orkney Islands (Scotland), a few years ago. Kids were removed from their parents by police / social services etc. Eventually it was found that no real evidence existed. Again, another great job by the experts. There are other examples. Not forgetting 'false memories' planted during hypnosis (Conducted by 'experts'), that have led to people accusing their parents of child abuse.

Social services also make mistakes. Here is one example from the UK (I'm sure there are examples that can be found in other countries).

The Climbie Report
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2703087.stm

This link outlines the events that led to the death of a young girl. The death resulted from prolonged child abuse. It could have been avoided, but the people who should have stepped in and protected her, didn't. The system let her down. It was a disgrace, and not the first time that it has happened. It's been said that Social Services are staying away from Jackson, simply becasue he has money, whereas they would have been more robust in their dealings with a poorer family. Sometimes social services....as the above link demonstrates...simply stay away. The poor do not always receive more attention than the rich.

Here are a couple of more links on the allegations against Michael Jackson The first contains Jordan Chandler's allegations. Are they true? We'll never know.

Jordan Chandler's statement to police
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/doc_o_day/mjdec1.html

The second link is an alternative perspective on the case. Just to provide a counter-view to the allegations that are now the basis for the present controversy over his sleeping arrangements.

Was Michael Jackson framed?
http://members.aol.com/mjnfc/pageone.html

As I said before, I'm not trying to support or defend Michael Jackson, but I also don't want the truth to be lost in the fog of tabloid propaganda. Just imagine, if he is actually innocent of child abuse, and is only guilty of being very naive, by allowing kids to sleep in his bedroom. His lifestyle may be very strange by our standards, but being 'strange' isn't a crime.

Now imagine what it would be like for you to be publically branded by the media, even if just by insinuation, as a child abuser. Then to compound that, you are unable to prove your innocence, even when the police can't prove you are guilty. You are left in a nightmarish limbo. Neither guilty or innocent. Would you want people to be understanding? Open minded?

Personally, I would rather have a reputation clear of accusations / insinuations of child abuse, than have all of Michael Jackson's millions.

Money really doesn't buy you happiness.
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 04:11 pm
The Chandler case aside, the real-time images we saw of Michael Jackson with his children and with other children were very disturbing. As others have posted here, if he wasn't multi-famous and multi-rich, childrens' services would have removed his little ones from his home long ago.

I can already hear Jackson if he does appear on 60 Minutes. "I love all children." "I would never harm a child." "The ABC piece was very unfair." And on and on and on. The man does not talk in specifics. Even when he's on a spending spree, he just points to something and says "I want those." "Do I have that? No? I'll take it."

Whoever coined the term Wacko Jacko knew what they were talking about!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 04:22 pm
Q:What's the difference between Michael Jackson and a grocery bag?

A: One is white, made of plastic, and unsafe for children to play with.

The other you put your groceries in. Very Happy
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 04:29 pm
LOL!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 09:32 pm
Oh Gawd ......... Laughing Shocked :wink:
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 11:17 pm
Stinger<

I read the www.thesmokinggun.com link you provided.

I would not have the "hush" money to provide if a child had accused me of such misconduct. I would have to go to jail, and the authorities would give custody of my own children to someone else.

It is his money that keeps Michael Jackson out of many jams which the average citizen couldn't wiggle out of.

:wink:
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 06:54 am
It takes big bucks to buy the best lawyers! Razz
0 Replies

lovebuttons

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 09:47 am
color=#001bff] YES!! FINALLY!! IN ALL OF THIS CHAOS...THE VOICE OF REASON!! WELL DONE!!
Quote:
JUDGE NOT, LEST YE BE JUDGED.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 09:48 am
Funny thing, something tells me this doesn't pertain to criminal law! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

lovebuttons

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 09:54 am
it pertains to stingers point yesterday that when people make assumptions qnd snap judgements about others, they tend to do irrepairable damage to someone who didn't deserve it as well as making themselves look petty and stupid...noone wins
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 09:56 am
MJ had to pay $13 million to his acuser. Read the victim's depostion, and you'll wonder why MJ wasn't prosecuted in the court system.
0 Replies

lovebuttons

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 10:40 am
if there were any truth to this, others would've come forward and he would be in prison dodging murder attempts from prisoners with children.and let me ask you this...if it were YOUR child, would you let it go for a settlement if that happened to him? FISHY! FISHY! FISHY! if anyone
were to do that to one of my kids, no amount of money would save him, so why isn't anyone asking this father "THEN,WHY DID YOU SELL OUT YOUR CHILD?" think about it, would you sell your childs sexuallity or would you go after the s.o.b. who took it with the wrath of hell itself. if this were a valid claim they wouldn't have sold out...when they took the money..the validity of the complaint went down the toilet, and so did m.j.'s reputation. who wins in this situation and don't say the kid either,
because one way or another, he'll be scarred for life. I am not saying whether or not it happened but the report is undeniably bad. but i happen to be one of those people who looks at the bigger picture and this one is muddled to say the least.
0 Replies