Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 09:02 pm
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1277960/posts?page=24#24

Dutch government officials responsible for security announced that the government may close mosques if it considers them a threat to order. More money was requested for the security services to monitor suspicious persons and to protect endangered persons and property. Johan Remkes minister of internal affairs, Piet Hein Donner minister of justice and Rita Verdonk immigration minister presented their proposals at the Parliament Thursday following the murder of filmmaker Theo van Gogh by moslem extremists, and the wave of racial and religious violence which followed. Dual citizenship holders considered dangerous are to be stripped of their Dutch citizenship, and radical Imams will no longer be allowed into the Netherlands. Radical Imams already in Holland will be expelled from the country. Several Dutch politicians have received death threats, and mosques, churches and church schools have been attacked. In the harbor city of Rotterdam Molotov cocktails were thrown against a church. In Utrecht there was an attempt to burn down a church.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 898 • Replies: 6
No top replies

gav

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 09:24 pm
America stirs the pot and the rest have to deal with the stench that it kicks up!!!
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 10:27 pm
gav wrote:
America stirs the pot and the rest have to deal with the stench that it kicks up!!!

The way I read this one, it has nothing to do with America and would have happened if America did not exist.
0 Replies

Idaho

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 09:33 am
I thought it spoke to the fact that if you allow a little terrorism and fail to deal with it, it will turn into bigger terrorism. I have a friend who is Dutch (granted, a very small sample of the population) and his take is that the Dutch have always made a point of trying to understand where the terrorists were coming from and remedy the points of contention - shows what appeasment gets you!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 11:10 am
Instead of giving a link to another blog, gungasnake, you could have joined the since one week ongoing discussion here on A2K.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38223&highlight=

But obviously, to many people there with knowledge about what is going on - McG as creator of that thread even didn't come back at all Laughing
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 11:13 am
Some posters, Walter, like to create threads as though they were setting off smoke bombs in crowded rooms. They let it go and run the other way...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 11:24 am
As I do not live in the Netherlands, I have nothing to add. I keep up on it reading other peoples reaction. I directed it towards Nimh because I know he lives there. I wanted his "man-on-the-street reaction as most times that is the best source.

I never realized it was of such dire importance that the creator of a thread need to reply to every post in it.
0 Replies