Reassure me.... a new mom.. that Im doing ok.

sozobe

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 12:31 pm
:-D

I recommend it to everyone, and have given it to several expectatnt parents who've thanked me effusively, too. (Congrats on your new nieces/nephews/niece+nephew!) My copy is completely dog-eared and pitiful -- we went back to it a zillion times. SO much practical advice. (Like how much ibuprofren to give the under-two baby -- when on the package it says "under 2: ask your doctor" etc. etc. etc.)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 12:34 pm
Oh, that might have been when I started, too. I don't remember. (This is why I have the sozlet stories thread!! I remember nothing, it's awful.) No shame in that, 15 minutes of unattached baby time is sometimes necessary to maintain maternal sanity, and maternal INsanity isn't good for anyone.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 12:39 pm
sozobe wrote:
and maternal INsanity isn't good for anyone.

I emphatically agree. Laughing
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 01:57 pm
ehBeth wrote:
[size=8]scary how much this reads like a dog training guide. seriously. [/size] Shocked

My older sister taught high school biology and is now a resp. therapist. I studied to be a spec. ed teacher - specifically behavior disorders. We grew up on a ranch training horses and dogs.

Now don't ya know we both just had to try a few things on our own children!!! Laughing

Yep, the Pavlov's Dog thing works on kids! Just never could get the little ones to sit and stay when they needed to!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 03:48 pm
Duck.. I use TV too. " Lion King " It works for the few minutes Ineed to make us lunch. She is eating more food meals instead of bottle meals .. so I have to go thaw them, add millet seed, oats, flaxseed what ever I need to.. and I will turn that thing on and sneak away. Hehe.
Tv is a good tool. I think when people expect it to be a 24-7 babysitter.. then it is a problem.
So dont worry.. I wont chuck anything at ya. :-)
0 Replies