My documentaries, the documentaries that I recommend

Albuquerque

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2022 09:07 pm
In the quest to understand what is information and what is news...
Sensory adaptation:
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2022 04:00 am
It is not pop, not rock, not punk...it is The Cure!

Roberts the soft master of gloomy with dismaying simple sounds as it should be.

One either loves it or hates it and that is OK to!

0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2022 11:27 am
Finally someone decides to speak about the randomness nonsense I've been preaching about since the 90's practically all my life, just listen to Max Tegmark to the end on this new Season of Closer to Truth:
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2022 12:24 am
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2022 03:00 pm
@Albuquerque,
Quote:
I wonder how long it will take for western media to starting sharing the dirt they surely have on puppet Zelensky to stop his desperate crusade to WWIII...if the Americans wont do it its time Germany does!

I wonder how long it will take the American public to realize the stupidity of backing one corrupt country against another corrupt country. I figure it will end like the Bay of Pigs only longer, bigger, bloodier and much more expensive. And perhaps that is the point, got to keep the gears of the military industrial complex turning. And what a bonus, not a drop of American blood spilled this time. Yet.
Albuquerque

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2022 06:06 pm
@Leadfoot,
The case of West with Russia is a self realized prophecy IMO. After kicking them from entering NATO and EU, and they are majorly Europeans as 80% of them live on this side of the Urals, we pushed them down a dangerous path, that led to the **** we see today...as for puppet Volodymyr Zelenskyy I can't find the words to express my abject repulsion of what he represents...the only defence he has in his favour is being illiterate and stupid!
Albuquerque

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2022 09:47 pm
A quiet, relaxing, well voiced voyage, deep into the realm of the very small!
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2022 11:19 am
@Albuquerque,
Yep, west been stoking this fire for over a decade. If it goes nuclear we got no one else to blame.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2022 03:50 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2022 04:39 pm
Albuquerque

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2022 06:33 pm
@Albuquerque,
So much straw man and conflation on the topic of Free Will all in the name of maintaining the Social organization status quo...
While the talk was interesting overall I have to give a thumbs down as it was a total failure of accessing how Science and reductionism have been working all along, and still work...not good to use two sets of rules for convenience even if the excuse is that you are talking to common people.

I perfectly understand what is meant with change of domains of operations like Chess and Checkers or Cartoons and dreams...all those things are REAL phenomena or epiphenomena, all fair and well. The misstep forward is when you pull "emergence" out of a "magic box" to explain stuff to the common Joe...this is why I have indeed a bias in favour of retro causation, or if you prefer a perfect correlation of events in the whole spectrum of all spacetime ...nothing "emerges"..THINGS ARE, and in this regard Parmenides was right!

Finally oh hell yes we are going to eventually have to change how we think about guilt, sin, bad and good, and start a linguistic more sophisticated way of talking with each other, the revolution will be as important as the invention of agriculture or the internet...people are systems that may be operating "poorly" for a given system of social organization, but correctly in the overarching ecosystem where they fill a needed niche that was not extinct by natural selection. This is how we should frame it and follow the consequences inferring how to make sense of the new paradigm.

I could go on all night debating the dismissive tone presented here on the topic of Free Will and pointing out numerous examples including the future evolution of Legal systems in light of what we come to realise regarding our persistent naive view that faulting others is not just a good mechanism, but assuming it must be the best one to make Society work. While it is true a psychopath must be locked for obvious reasons it is not true one must shame him...there are lots of things left out of this pseudo rationalization on keeping the status quo, first one of all the attitude being unscientific!

Not all was bad far from it and thus I want to express appreciation for Sean attempt at tackling a huge and diverse collection of topics he engages with. He is an important legitimate thinker of our time, even when I disagree with what he says here n there! Thank you all for your time and happy holidays!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2022 09:39 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2022 08:05 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2022 05:43 am
For today a special entry on the holiday occasion from a very dear old gamer lady "grandma Shirley" sharing her stories with us "kids":
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2022 10:28 am

Really really bad answer Henry...next step we are all Gods shaping the world to our wants...not even "God" could condition our unique free will to construct alternative realities...
As I said a really poor interpretation of the quantum mechanics so called wave function collapse. If you want to speak about wave functions go straight to the top and explain the Universal wave function "collapse" in 1 Reality across the whole Spacetime. In fact Schroedinger would argue there is nothing collapsing there is just this one TRUE Universal Wave Function.

"Potentiality" is just epistemic ignorance by the way...either you have a deterministic Multiverse or you have to include the potentiality being rationalized in the mind in the very one Universal wave function for our Universe and forget the idea of collapse at all..

This is one of the worse interviews I've seen in this series, and I usually like the series even when I disagree.

The "bag of tricks" going on with the wording "Psychological" without clarifying the medium didn't went unnoticed...

I do indeed have a disdain for desperate sophistry for the sake of saving your azz and career...these are the kind of people that are direct enemies of honest intelectual inquiry!
In my own view their behaviour is not short of being straight forward criminal!

0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2022 12:24 pm
"shut up and calculate"? No!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2023 12:38 pm
A brief history of timelessness!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2023 02:11 pm
0 Replies