My documentaries, the documentaries that I recommend

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2022 02:46 pm

My Youtube comments as it went along:
(they are in the reverse order so bottom first)

Filipe Albuquerque
It is not just elitist or paternalistic but essentially naive to think you can reshape the bell curve!

Yes Gödel's Incompleteness can bring some degree of humbleness to otherwise common but literate people who think much of their knowledge, specially in Science...there is a difference between a Lab rat and a thinker!

By the way Cantor is wrong, Infinity is not a number and as a process it is uncountable by definition! The diagonal argument is a mirage!

Kill the empty set and I will learn more mathematics!

On critical thinking people prefer exceptions to the norm...this is why soap operas are successful...if people were more realistic in their critical thinking the number of depressions would sky rise!

"Stories" or better put confabulations are essential summary's purposed for people to cope with the unknown...stories are a common sense daily oral tool that expresses through local culture the wisdom of the common folk through the aeons in the process of adaptation!

If people would know probability better we would have an economic recession...and much of the consumer industry would go bankrupt!
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2022 03:11 pm
@Albuquerque,
Quote:
the experience of flying through real places with decently accurate topography and photogrammetry is very chilling and a way of travelling in the comfort of my desktop!

Oh yes! Even better than Google Earth. Ultralights for the visibility when sightseeing. Haven’t tried the free Opticon aircraft but that ought to be cool for that too.
Albuquerque

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2022 05:12 pm
@Leadfoot,
I have this thing going on as I fly on top of small villages in the world I often indulge in thinking what the people down there are wondering about in real time, the whole experience to me is mesmerizing!

My longest flight so far took me 14 straight hours, no savings in a DC-6, starting in Portugal Lisbon, and going all the way up through the Northern route, England London then going Iceland, Saint Gorge Canada, and then New York USA. The DC-6 can make a direct route and I have done but I like to go through the icy bits, can't wait to try the Northern route more dangerously when the DC-3 comes out! I am a sucker for old radials and the DC-3 is the king of them all, I just hope they do a decent job and make it proper study level!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2022 05:05 pm
Albuquerque

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2022 06:15 pm
@Albuquerque,
Pragmatic not Ontological argumentation for most of the conversation going on.
For me as an amateur Philosopher is is super important to distinguish Randomness which literally means magic from pseudo randomness which just means huge complexity showing the system as a whole past present and future is such that it is balanced that is to mean pseudo random!
Also there was a mess in debating concepts as causation versus perfect correlation...the choice of words matters for understanding the foundations!
The reason quantum entanglement works is precisely because there is perfect correlation on the whole system we call Reality..we interpret as causation in local terms, entanglement at vast distances but there is no such thing as causation, one just has to consider the concept of a block Universe from Einstein Relativity. Nothing is local everything is perfectly correlated...now you can call it Super Determinism which I agree is silly or just determinism or as I rather prefer perfect correlation...bottom line is not much to ask if you want to be a realist about something you argue is Ontological Truth then nothing must be left out and that includes future states. After all patterns and fractals exist to shows us just how far immanent logic is what makes Reality understandable! Statistical independence is a pragmatical approach which I accept but not never an Ontological argument! To say otherwise is being dishonest!
Albuquerque

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2022 06:40 pm
@Albuquerque,
One can argue the future is a fractal evolution with no new information no new "geometry" from the far past loop, as Penrose points out in CCC the future and its entropy growth seams a lot as the initial state of the Universe...if you consider size is an relativistic illusion as in a fractal then the Future of the Universe seems to show an Infinite growth in Entropy but it never shows new patterns, new qualia, real new information...and why should it? Consider qualia Infinity and the kind of destruction that would bring about...no information could be intelligible if there was infinity divergent qualia in all directions like in...nothing would conecte or make sense... again there would not be a geometry of logic that would be epistemically intelligible! Qualia must be finite and fractal and the growth of spacetime must be an illusion as Sapce or call it Time cannot grow into Nothingness! Nothingness is a failed concept when taken into an absolute, nothingness contradicts itself existence! From there one can infer the future is not a natural evolving process that will come about but rather something that already IS!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2022 01:12 am
For those of you who have heard me talk about Microsoft Flight Simulator but don't have a clue how close it is to Reality here is a little video:
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2022 03:31 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2022 06:31 pm
This one is from the last year but well worth posting....Sabina at its best!
I've been philosophically much more lenient then she is when it comes to tolerate bad arguments!

0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2022 08:38 pm
My old long stated point about Nothingness crystal clear from Sabina!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2022 08:51 pm

My comment:
Sabina wonderful educating common sense as usual but for me there is none level of Nothingness as Nothingness is a pseudo concept that canibalizes itself out of existence by definition of its non being anything at all...nothing on the "10'th" level not mentioned rejects itself own concept by its own definition á priori...and that is where the "10th" get us back to just one Nothing is an undefinable failed concept that has found metaphorical use within our temporal perception of Reality...as a concept I rather have a not that group or not that domain then having not any domain or nothingness as negating domains is already ascribing there was already something to negate that might have existed. Nothingness as a shadow of everything you deny is thus already something, some statement about past states of affairs that we can no longer observe but that were true, or future hypotheticals that we Metaphysically can raise within our own mental domain...in any case this "shadow" is not Nothing...so as I pointed out Not that set or not that domain are better pragmatical uses of the underlying idea that resulted in perhaps the worse concept mankind ever "created"!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2022 09:42 pm
There is no time like the present indeed...and present like Parmenides implicitly suggested is always every time!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2022 07:56 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2022 05:45 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2022 07:53 am
Watching now WSF Sacred Nature!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2022 11:51 am
@Leadfoot,
Finally its here Leadfoot:
Albuquerque

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2022 12:03 pm
@Leadfoot,
0 Replies

Agent Smith

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2022 01:01 am
Nice collection (of videos) you have there, mon ami!

I'm gonna dive into some of them at some point.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2022 04:32 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2022 06:51 pm
0 Replies