0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2022 12:26 pm
Will Science come to an end?
Futurist Isaac Arthur has a couple of ideas on the topic:
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2022 08:05 pm
Recently found odd interstellar asteroids which are more massive and stronger then what we have in Solar System, speculation on possible new materials from a iron rich supernova "bullet"!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2022 02:27 am
Treading on the edge of insanity:

It is my opinion that we have already crossed the "event horizon" this gentleman refers to, we just don't see we did!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2022 04:29 am
A small city under one roof!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2022 03:06 am
World leaders chat politics on WhatsApp...
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2022 08:36 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2022 01:56 pm
The kind of reasoning presented in this Closer to Truth interview with Tim Palmer, a Royal Society Research Professor in the department of physics at the University of Oxford, is very close to my own decades old line of reasoning regarding the Nature of Reality and my pit peeve with some naive Philosophy deeply intertwined on how Physicists have misunderstood the fundamental nature of Reality in the past century since Bohr...

0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2022 07:12 pm
htam9876

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2022 03:07 am
“hijack” test, touchy and feely

That mad bull sabotaged piggy’s threads with many many “Blah blah, toggle, plus, minus, blah blah, gravity magnetism”. Izzy Sir DESCRIBED his behavior with the vivid analogy of “hijack”.
But it seems non criminal in this galaxy. Haha

Now piggy wastes a bit time to do an experiment.
If piggy recommends a freaky little animal in Mr. Albu*’s thread, can this behavior count as “hijack”? non criminal too?
https://5b0988e595225.cdn.sohucs.com/q_70,c_zoom,w_640/images/20190723/3e2027d2158f4a9d9db7b283bacf36dc.gif
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2022 03:51 pm

My comment on Youtube:
There is nothing random in Randomness...this is about the pseudo random argument.
Perfect correlation instead of causation is not big news for Philosophers. In that regard one might argue the opposite, the Universe is super deterministic, not out of local causality but out of Monistic perfect correlation between all phenomena far or close. Schroedinger equation does not predict a quantum collapse of the wave function, rather it is more sensible to think about a Universal Wave Function and in that sense nothing is local, everything is just perfectly correlated, including the apparent random distribution, the balance we observe in this "simulation" of randomness. I would be far more interested in hearing you talk about Universal attractors and fractals to debunk real randomness which in good fairness is just a posh scientific word for magic!

Finally to say that the "Universe is not real" without explaining that it is not as we thought is just word salad. The Universe is a block where Past, Present, and Future all co-exist!
This explains well how entanglement works, again perfect correlation, and from it Super Determinism!
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2022 12:43 pm
@Albuquerque,
If his physics are as flawed as his analogies, they suck.

But yes, the accent makes it all sound so good.

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2022 02:48 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2022 03:18 pm

Of all the typical potential answers to the Fermi Paradox I have yet to see someone speak about the possibility of "Collective Madness" being one of the possible answers to explain why we might be rare if not alone. The point here not being to affirm that is the reason but rather to show that we are far from exploring less orthodox answers...when we say there might be a great filter ahead and that we might destroy ourselves this is implied but never did I saw it explicitly said. Society's and Civilizations are superorganisms that just like regular organisms can get ill and die. Madness is never far off from intelligence...indeed it can be argued the more intelligent and aware one becomes the closer we become to a threshold of madness with a point of no return for informational entropy that corrodes our collective will or ability to go on.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2022 03:28 pm
@Leadfoot,
I thought of you recently when I bought the Tiger Moth for Microsoft Flight Simulator...a wonderful biplane that is quickly becoming one of my favourites to fly as it is an almost flawless rendition of the real one, take a look:

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2022 04:18 pm
@Albuquerque,
True to real life startup procedure on the Moth:

Side by side comparison:
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2022 10:35 am
@Albuquerque,
I will definitely be adding the Tiger Moth to my virtual hangar. I’ve wanted to experience it and the Jungmeister in RL but I probably don’t have enough time left for that to happen. I got the RV-14 for MSFS and I can tell you it flies exactly like the real thing so the Tiger Moth should be a good sim too.

Finally scored a 6900XT for the sim rig after the crypto crash.

Have you tried MSFS in VR yet? The level of immersion is 10x higher; you never want to go back to a monitor after that. The Valve Index is ok but I’m looking for something with higher resolution. Have to lean forward to read the G1000 glass panel clearly. Steam gauges are fine though.
Albuquerque

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2022 02:42 pm
@Leadfoot,
I have very poor eye sight and use thick glasses I don't see from my left eye so I don't know if VR is possible to me in the sense that the VR set fits with my glasses and my sense of 3D is totally intuitive...I still fly well even in competitive games like War Thunder realistic mode tho... As far as Flight Simulation goes I prefer to see my keyboard and my flight stick so Track IR is perhaps more adequate. This is an ongoing debate on Reddit...

I am glad you are having fun with MSFS...for me the experience of flying through real places with decently accurate topography and photogrammetry is very chilling and a way of travelling in the comfort of my desktop!