My documentaries, the documentaries that I recommend

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2022 07:23 pm
georgeob1

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2022 08:42 pm
@Albuquerque,
Compact, informative and fascinating. Thanks for posting it.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2022 04:31 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2022 05:12 am
Explaining the web why they can't get a happy ending on the new season of Game of Thrones!

Stupid journalist vs strategist on the "no fly zone":
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2022 05:42 am
Counting nuclear power:
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2022 06:13 am
Cleaning the house back in London, you know because Brits were "naive" in accepting corrupt Russian Oligarchs and their metric tons of money in the capital...time to change the tune and sound the trumpets of honour and justice now!
(Nobody's best interest the Jacobin disease growing on the web catches up to Western rich folk)

0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2022 06:44 am
Meanwhile China is helping the Russians with Intel shared by US Administration...one wonders what were they expecting?
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2022 10:06 am
Finally someone noticed that going after "Oligarchs" loose use might be contagious...
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2022 03:32 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLqKqpGm9uE
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2022 03:37 pm
Nuclear? Maybe! Coming from a Brit military expert...
Albuquerque

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2022 04:16 pm
@Albuquerque,
In the mind of Putin...

It was my gut instinct since day one and since the mockery started that the West was playing a far more dangerous game then the one it thought to be playing.

In the past few days the little pride Russia had has been lost to the Internet and the Internet decided how the West ought to proceed...

In the mind of someone like Putin who confuses the love for himself with the Love of a long lost USSR biting on Russia's pride was the worst possible move the entire world could have done to itself, as in Putin's mind, there is no World without a strong Russia to make sense off!

Take it as you want I hope I am totally wrong!
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2022 04:42 pm
@Albuquerque,
My impression before the war started, Biden was trying too hard to impress how tough he is and didn't take Putin seriously.
Albuquerque

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2022 04:51 pm
@edgarblythe,
I don't know who are the think tanks in Washington but they certainly don't understand Russian pride...the only thing they had left is now gone!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2022 04:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
What always worried me about Putin is that he never was explosive in his entire career...smart but shy, and even insecure, huge pride, as he made himself the Czar of Russia...a men that never explodes one day explodes for all the days he didn't!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2022 06:53 pm
Am I the only one reading this differently? An escape goat for Putin to retreat without losing everything? It certainly CAN'T be the case Russian Generals don't know the exact locations of these nuclear facilities in order to prevent anything remotely close to hit them or any of the resources they need...

0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2022 03:02 am
Lets be clear about this and most of you won't like it but it is true and it will be a study case downward in History:

What the West has done "to pull a Putin" won't ever be repeated again because the next one will be prepared...I am thinking of China or whatever other man of great power there are all round the world.

In sum the West over promise to Ukraine without being able to deliver NATO membership.

It armed Ukrainians against Russia and fooled into thinking they can face Russia...still at it!

Cornered Putin into a deadly spiral trap with unpredictable consequences...
specially because they didn't cornered just the one man but an entire section of Russia's man's of power who now have nothing to lose and may now opt for a last stand against the entirety of the West.

Unleashed an entire campaign of internet mockery and manipulation that thorned Russian pride upside down and that is irreversival no matter the outcome.

Ensured as soon as the crisis is forgotten China and Russia will have an outlasting true bond with each other for the remaining of the XXI century.

The Western hypocrisy who truly created this situation will not be forgotten by anyone that matters in the future...because you can only "pull a Putin" once, not twice...

Finally I want to comment on how things may develop very rapidly from now on:

Putin can chose to suicide himself.
Putin can be assassinated in the next upcoming weeks.
Or Putin and ALL HIS close man of power can start WWIII which is the least likely scenario but one which is not totally out of the cards.

The mere fact that we in the West allowed for the gambling chance that this might happen SHOWS that we were not prepared nor did we fully understood the situation and its complexity!

As I said in the beginning years down the line we will have a study case on this matter to not repeat it again!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2022 03:19 am
One last line:

You can remove Putin but you ensured that you cannot remove Russia as an enemy!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2022 03:40 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2022 04:08 am
Live now Russia's Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov holds press conference in Moscow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CcSCKeLOGg
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2022 09:32 am
A very interesting interview by Steven Colbert to Fiona Hill:
0 Replies