On the nuclear power plant in Ukraine:
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2022 11:29 am
Back to usual stuff, the simulation hypothesis:
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2022 01:34 pm
At the edge of Human Reality madness waits for every man!
Albuquerque

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2022 03:00 pm
Albuquerque

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2022 04:22 pm
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2022 09:01 am
@Albuquerque,
Jung's hypothesis for what causes mental illnesses was so spot on!

'A failure to mentally process reality.'
Albuquerque

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2022 05:44 pm
@Leadfoot,
Well most of what comes in in our eyes reticules is dumped by the brain...so literally consciousness requires a big failure to process reality!
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2022 05:19 am
@Albuquerque,
I didn’t take you for a literalist but I’ve been wrong before.

And besides, a receiver with no selectivity will perceive nothing but noise.
Narrow your bandwidth a bit and maybe you will hear a coherent signal.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2022 09:12 am
@Albuquerque,
Albuquerque wrote:

At the edge of Human Reality madness waits for every man!
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5p4aNjJy0k[/youtube]

A good video to watch.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2022 05:46 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2022 11:50 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2022 08:40 am
The name of the "Game" in Ukraine:
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2022 05:28 am
For context:

The news:
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2022 07:16 am
Elsewhere in my mind, chipmunk Chucky story:
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2022 03:19 am
This series, Severance, made make some extrapolations on the theme it explores, the total severance between the personality that is at work and the one who is outside work...from it after a couple episodes it dawned in me that the same topic could be explored in the 8 hours we take to sleep every night and we are totally oblivious on where we are as a mind...what if an alien demigod, an AGI, whatever, took us out, our mind, while we sleep to another reality that we can't have any recollection of...what if the dreams we have are just "info implants" to hide what we might be doing elsewhere while we are unconscious...what if those 8 hours of "elsewhere" were more important then our 16 hours of awareness in this particular domain of Reality...what if those 8 hours of sleep had Juridical control over you entire woken up life...
(not a claim but an explorative exercise on the absurd itself)

Disclaimer:
This is not an exercise in crazy tinfoil theory crafting on what happens while we are asleep, but rather an exercise on Metaphysics and Ontology regarding what we cannot disprove no matter how far fetched it looks...in fact the whole idea is that you imagine as far fetched as you can and try to disprove it through Reason to check on the boundaries on what you can be certain of...

As much as more recently Materialism is under scrutiny again in some form of rethinking under the recent Simulation hypothesis from Nick Bostrom also in this series we are shaken to wonder on what happens when we are not aware of ourselves elsewhere...Severance on apple TV is a series I highly recommend not for the typical clichés against corporation evilness or ethical dilemmas on split personality disorder, which it also does very well, but rather and foremost for it compelling you to make an excellent exercise on what ifs...

The intro credits certainly caught my attention and I leave you with those...
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2022 09:19 am
Albuquerque

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2022 11:39 am
@Albuquerque,
I certainly hope Human numbers decrease to 3 billion...and yes it will be economical hell to make such transition. Until we learn how to use it in harmony I want less "Human energy" in the Ecosphere not more and better used.
As for population collapse bellow the number I advise 3 billion, first solve the minimum standard of living so people are willing to commit to have children...starting a house by the roof is not the solution.

While I agree that the projects Ellon is in are indeed PHILANTHROPY at its best and smartest I still think that we have an epic dilemma to sort out regarding sustaining humans both physically and mentally and socially. Our way of thinking about people ethically is wrong obscure and tribal. I am of the opinion Ellon needs to spend a 1 million dollar minute to think about phytoplankton and shrimp on our social ecosystem to get a true sustainable solution to the challenges that take him to a very well justified depressive state.

He says he is optimistic but I don't buy it I certainly am not! A whole new form of thinking about Humanity has to come up in order to maximize our survival common project of this little candle of consciousness in the vastness of eternal darkness. Anyway since I am not an advocate for free will whatever will come to pass will come to pass...

Ellon needs a good Philosopher, a really good one, an holistic thinker and that is really hard to get by. I am not convinced his tech friends smart as they might be are it...understanding concepts deeply to understand maths, to understand economy, to understand tech...

Finally I will make a prediction which is not hard to phantom...we have less then 20 years before a massive schizophrenic depressive epidemic is upon us and will drive us to double down on stupid action...we are already on the thick of it without being aware on the extension of the problem. You cannot win Mars before winning Earth first!

Disclaimer: This take is not anti meritocratic nor anti Darwinian regarding our social ecosystem, the nuance is to chose how narrow domain we want on competition in a global connected world with hyper competition such to balance the form we compete and induce innovation without driving the base of the ecosystem mad impaired and unproductive Neo-Darwinism cooperation on complex tasks has a word in this. And yes they have a role just like shrimps do...Don't be fool enough to believe "small people" don't have a role in the ecosystem.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2022 05:18 pm
The video at first gives the impression the agent has free will but on close inspection shows exactly the opposite.
What I will at every point in time I will it out of my Nature and my properties which I didn't chose before I was born for obvious reasons.
I am what I am, I do as I am, the Universe is perfectly in conformity with what I am as I am a part of it. To the point there is flawless correlation not "participation".

PS - ...and again nothing new under the Sun after Parmenides!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2022 05:51 pm
These guys are full of nice baloney pep talking but they mentioned my home town favourite Library in the world so I will post their well intentioned semi bull anyway:
(Before the nerd in you decides to book a plane ticket to visit the Library it is close to the public for conservation purposes so don't bother, and yes I was lucky enough to see it way back in the day)
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2022 11:57 am

My YouTube reply:

You are going into dangerous waters there Philosophically...intuitively I always preferred empathy and I never liked compassion much and now I have an explanation, it seems mirror neurons are not activated with it, and I always felt like I ought to share the burden of suffering when others are suffering and yet I still try to avoid tribalism as much as I can. Tribal empathy is easy, is natural, while species and inter species empathy is really hard and requires an higher emotional EQ standard.
The idea that suffering must be avoided at all costs is plain wrong. Suffering does indeed illuminate, educate, and brings one to be fully aware of Reality as it is outside our own personal bubble of interest.

While I agree we ought to manage the amount of suffering one is exposed to to avoid PTSD (I have it) I totally disagree with the idea that compassion is the way to go to forward civilization as a whole. Compassion is a dampener off fake emotions that do indeed serve ones ego more then they do serve the actual pain of others which is what TRUE proximity requires. Compassion leads to charity not true Help!

I will say something inappropriate now...I wouldn't be surprised to see a higher number of psychopaths in certain areas of intense healthcare providers like surgery, first responders to accidents in ambulances and similar professions...same goes for firefighters, law enforcement, and CEO management...

In a global world we ought to have empathy with distinct tribes and share their suffering...that is not compassion...but if compassion is the middle step, the compromise for normal people, so be it!...