My documentaries, the documentaries that I recommend

Leadfoot

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2022 05:26 pm
@Albuquerque,
Dangerous to say that stuff Fil. Just check out those thumbs.
Albuquerque

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2022 05:34 pm
@Leadfoot,
Down thumbs are a compliment Leadfoot...you think I giver 2 rats azz about what others think or believe? To each his own! Wink
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2022 05:43 pm
@Albuquerque,
That one’s on me.
Rock on. Wink
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2022 02:19 pm
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2022 02:50 pm
@Albuquerque,
'Might not be rational'. hahaha..

Why is (almost) no one talking about what the ‘irrational man' is pissed off about?

Neither he nor 'we' are rational as long as we don’t talk about what his problem is about. Does the average American even know what that is?
I doubt it.
Albuquerque

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2022 03:09 pm
@Leadfoot,
They say Putin is not rational at this point what they don't say is that we cornered him to not be which is to say we were not rational!

Now imagine if the old fox gets assassinated what kind of Drunken crazy leader might come next and with good memory of what we did in the last 48 hours...

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2022 03:40 pm
@Leadfoot,
The thing about Moral speeches these days is the more you use them the more bankrupt they become given the level of savagery, inequality, lies, manipulation and destruction of the social tissue in a scale we never had before. Mental Health is in decline everywhere in the globe...

40 years ago Moral Speeches still had some actual value and use...nowadays as I said the more you use them the more you bankrupt them.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2022 03:48 pm
@Albuquerque,
Putin has for almost two decades vigorously suppressed any evolution towards democracy and liberty in Russia. He has assassinated any prominent people who have criticized his regime, jailed any oligarchs who declined to join his group of obedient, corrupt exploiters, and imposed an oppressive authoritarian regime on the Russian people.
There are many possibilities for what may follow a potential fall of Putin's regime. However, the likelihood of something better for the Russian people, us, and the world appears very great to me.
Albuquerque

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2022 03:53 pm
@georgeob1,
I am aware of just how bad Putin is thank you...that was not my point.

The way we did it is not smart and we alienated any relation with Russian leadership for another half a century.

If you think that was a smart move especially in the context of China well I don't know what else I can tell you.

georgeob1

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2022 04:06 pm
@Albuquerque,
I understand support the lasting importance of efforts to prevent a close alliance of Russia and China in pursuit of world dominance. In addition I recognize the substantial basis for mistrust and rival between these two regimes and the potential basis for our success in such an effort. My impression is that this is something that motivated Trump during his term in office.
However, it now certainly appears that we will not be able to achieve any real success in such an effort with Putin's Russia - his interest in preserving his autocratic control and restoring the Soviet era empire is too great.

Even with this priority in mind, I believe our chances for success are likely better with any successor Russian government.
0 Replies

georgeob1

@Albuquerque,
I understand support the lasting importance of efforts to prevent a close alliance of Russia and China in pursuit of world dominance. In addition I recognize the substantial basis for mistrust and rival between these two regimes and the potential basis for our success in such an effort. My impression is that this is something that motivated Trump during his term in office.
However, it now certainly appears that we will not be able to achieve any real success in such an effort with Putin's Russia - his interest in preserving his autocratic control and restoring the Soviet era empire is too great.

Even with this priority in mind, I believe our chances for success are likely better with any successor Russian government.
0 Replies

georgeob1

@Albuquerque,

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2022 04:12 pm
@georgeob1,
Don't you worry Putin has gotten his fatal blow and cannot ever recover from the current situation...he will have to look over his shoulder everyday from now on and for sure his mental health will decline fast!

As for the next Leadership they might play on the surface by the rulebook but they will betray us as soon as the possibility presents itself!

As I said a Western future with Russia was lost now twice!
You had to piss all over them didn't you? The urge was just to strong...
georgeob1

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2022 04:19 pm
@Albuquerque,
Are you are you certain that you are correct in your unconditional prognostications ?
Albuquerque

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2022 04:21 pm
@georgeob1,
Of course not!
While they make some degree of sense to me I am not a bot!
georgeob1

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2022 05:01 pm
@Albuquerque,
That's better
Albuquerque

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2022 05:10 pm
This one is quite interesting to see:

0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2022 05:11 pm
@georgeob1,
Better then what?
I never pretended I have a crystal ball...
I offer my limited insight as much as anyone else around the tavern.
I haven't changed my mind. (I wish I did)
georgeob1

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2022 05:49 pm
@Albuquerque,
Better than the unqualified, categorical statement that was subsequently revised to reflect something less than the absolute certainty indicated in the original.
Albuquerque

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2022 06:20 pm
@georgeob1,
No it was always an opinion and anyone who says that has more then an opinion revised or not is lying.

In fact I would bet my humble opinion against most experts around...
Sadly we shall learn soon enough!
0 Replies