My documentaries, the documentaries that I recommend

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 11:03 pm
@Leadfoot,
Here, the idiotic strawman of Jordan Peterson in his typical best style...
Someone give that man a quick run in Maths!

...by the way WE will do something about it DRASTICALLY when the real need comes up, Pete just doesn't see it coming because he is dumb! He can trick some lost kids with arguments ad authority but not someone minimally informed! And for that matter COVID is doing its work already...we better increase the world population to get more of it...or is it that we aren't doing anything about it anyway? Dumbfuck tarded talking about reading the literature and making pseudo intellectual revision of an issue that someone who grasps statistics and the second Law of thermodynamics can easely understand in 3 minutes!
Albuquerque

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 11:12 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2021 12:07 am
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2021 06:27 am
@Albuquerque,
Seriously Fil, please point out the error in Peterson's math or logic in that answer.
Or were you being factious?
Albuquerque

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2021 12:42 pm
@Leadfoot,
Which one?
The one when he says that we cannot solve the problem inspite of having 7.5 billion minds around or the one in which he claims growing the world population might solve the problem?
Pete as most right wing leaders falls under the category that believes things sort themselves out naturally and he is not wrong if we think of Covid 19...but Covid 19 was expected since the early 90's precisely because we are invading all the natural habitats and we are ever more mobile.
Did you happen to know that most virologists believe at the rate we are going we should expect a NEW pandemic every 10 years now?
Pete is a self centred fool that thinks he can make psychoanalysis to the entire world...and yet he is one of the guys that does not understand the exponential function...if I was on that student meeting at the end I would pose him a simple question, how many more does he think we need until he believes population growth would be a problem? 10, 20 30 billion?
Either Pete has a great vision the likes of Ellon Musk about colonising Mars in a decade or two or better cooling down Venus with the power of our collective minds all in spite of not having the capacity of controlling things back at home or like you he is expecting the second coming will sort all the **** we did and keep doing... a very cogent argument indeed!
Albuquerque

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2021 01:10 pm
@Albuquerque,
It might well be the case that fracking home really bad may push us for the Stars harder then we did so far but I rather not bet on that wagon just yet.
As far as I can see we aren't going anywhere better in close range and Alcubierre drives cost black hole amounts of energy...
Albuquerque

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2021 01:29 pm
@Albuquerque,
One more thing, the cold war back in the 60's with Russia was about world dominance but the new one we are starting with China is about resource management...guess which kind is more dangerous?
Have you started yet to learn how to preach your God in Mandarin?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2021 01:18 pm
@Albuquerque,
Quote:
Which one?
The one when he says that we cannot solve the problem inspite of having 7.5 billion minds around or the one in which he claims growing the world population might solve the problem?

A
He was a bit confusing on that part. Increasing the birth rate in hopes of raising a genius that would save us, is not a solution. He got carried away there.

Everything else was pretty much spot on though. Given the realities we face, there is no immediate solution or acceptable action we can take to solve the 'problem'. Anything that significantly reduced our overall CO2 emissions in the next 20 years would mean reducing the population or drastically reducing the living standards of all industrialized populations. There is no one who can sell that to 'them'.

Reduction of CO2 emissions will happen, but not because of political action or hysterical preadolescent kids.
The solution will come gradually and almost invisibly to the public. It will come due to the work of scientists, engineers, industrial designers, etc doing their everyday job. Most people will not notice it happening, and haven’t noticed that it is already happening.

Gretas of the world, relax, the solution will come without your eco-rage.
Albuquerque

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2021 04:22 pm
@Leadfoot,
While I am not a fan of hysteria I am not as optimist as you are. Drama always sells soap operas and in this case a bit of drama is better than indifference.

PS - By the way I am more concerned with Methane than with CO2 and far more concerned with the acidification of the Oceans still...
As for the standards of the Industrialized nations they are already falling and will fall even more drastically pretty soon!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2021 03:47 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2021 04:20 am
The limits of Science within linguistic schema and its boundaries are abundantly clear in this episode of "Ask me anything" from Sean Carol, and therefore worth taking a look at:

Just to be perfectly clear I am referring to the part on which someone asks about Gravity being a "force" through the hypothetical graviton or a distortion of spacetime which is a feature intrinsic to its fabric and how that relates to our "Qualia" of what a "force" is as of our specific Experiencing/POV as humans.

Again this is important because this establishes the limits of Science within a linguistic rational which flows from our evolutionary process.

...it certainly is the case that the surface tension of water is not experienced in the exact same way by us and an insect...as is not water to fish in contrast with our experience and description...or, and lets go a bit further, a potential supermassive being experiencing what we take for rock solid behaving as a fluid.

it is not that facts change but rather that our experience of facts is intrinsically linked to our limited species specific experience and cultural cognitive and social background within our time frame in History.

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2021 05:00 am
@Albuquerque,
Unlike Sean who is optimistic but acknowledges the linguistic and conceptual barriers to Science as a bump on the road I am of a different view specially when it comes to abstract topics like quantum superposition's and the nature of time and so on. I believe we are very far from distinguishing Science fact from Science understanding and proper linguistic framing. The Logic contradictions are far to abundant when you really try to squeeze meaning out of what these guys claim to understand. Thankfully in very rare occasions some of them are honest enough to recognize that they are playing with words in the explaining itself. Again is not about facts but about how such facts are framed in language boundaries.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 4 May, 2021 01:09 am

As usual I half agree with Jordan and half not...he is right on the point regarding Biology and Meritocracy but very poor and grasping at straws at denying his contribution to endemic Tribalism, poor Social integration and Neo-Darwinist approaches to deal with less fortunate.
This is why I will never be with the left nor with the right...both sides are heavily biased and although Jordan tries to play the impartial observer I would love to hear him on a serious approach to the problem of free will...Peterson will end up on the wrong side of History with a full solid hand of Truths ironic as that might be.
He has good reason to push against a certain form of feminism which is bullshit or to push against the idea that education pulls miracles, but he does not address the solutions to integrate and make the vast majority of the population active and productive in a ever more demanding technological world. Again as I said he probably doesn't do well with Game Theory nor does he has a firm grasp on Neo-Darwinism...
On a final side note is fascination with Nietzsche goes well with is righteousness tone when it comes to "responsibility".

It is a sad situation because the man is bright but is sold to a political agenda in order to have a voice in the American medium where everything must be politicized so you can exist. Peterson is a man sold to the establishment who picks a good deal of truths about the weakest points on the leftists speech but sets aside the psychoanalysis of his own political spectra!
I like him and I don't, not a knight and not a Devil Jordan is as grey as they come regarding tridimensional real personas nowadays!
It is most unfortunate that the kind of public he pulls on you tube as we can see down below is a sad sight to see!
Albuquerque

Reply Tue 4 May, 2021 01:46 am
@Albuquerque,
PS - it is funny that Jordan Peterson claims to be the personification of the anti establishment right at the end of the interview pointing at Humanistic "Sciences" in the Universities...he just fails to mention what kind of establishment he is sold to to get a voice on the public eye who rose as fast as a shooting Star. It is always a good strategy to play the mugged poor intellectual squatted by the leftists anarchists. Go figure one of the biggest sharks around playing possum!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 4 May, 2021 08:10 am

Bliss is a wonderful unpretentious masterpiece that explores the frontiers of what is Real in a unique way and that I vividly recommend.

As I usually say, EVERYTHING is Real! We just don't know in which Domain of Phenomenology distinct bits or "realms" of Reality fit, after all an illusion is a REAL illusion!
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 4 May, 2021 05:03 pm
@Albuquerque,
'Bliss'. A little close to the bone for me : )
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 4 May, 2021 07:37 pm
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 5 May, 2021 07:45 am
CNN SPECIAL : “WHAT’S GOING ON”: MARVIN GAYE’S ANTHEM FOR THE AGES

Will be airing on CNN this Sunday:
May 9th at 8pm (EST)
May 9th at 5pm (PST)

Quote:
In 1971, while the United States was in the midst of the Vietnam war and social unrest permeated the country, Motown singer Marvin Gaye took to the airwaves with a song of peace and conscious reflection. Fifty years later, the song and album — What’s Going On — continue to speak no less vividly of this era of racism, poverty, police brutality and the destruction of the planet. In the CNN Special: What’s Going On: Marvin Gaye’s Anthem for the Ages airing Sunday, May 9th at 8pmET, CNN’s Don Lemon explores the impact and genius of Marvin Gaye, his unprecedented album and the anatomy of several iconic hits from the record that reflect some of the most significant challenges and divisions in the nation today.

What’s Going On became a landmark of American protest music made even more powerful because it came from Motown’s legendary sex symbol, who was not known for being a political figure. Gaye triumphed by landing a platinum album and transforming the most troubling social issues into an emotional appeal.

In this documentary, Lemon conducts rare interviews with music legends Stevie Wonder and Smokey Robinson and speaks to other Motown musicians who were there with Gaye as he recorded What’s Going On, inside the iconic Hitsville studio in Detroit. Lemon also sits down with others who were inspired by this work, such as performing artists Maxwell, Sheila E., singer and actress Andra Day, and filmmakers Spike Lee and Lee Daniels.

https://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2021/05/04/cnn-special-whats-going-on-marvin-gayes-anthem-for-the-ages/
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 9 May, 2021 12:47 pm
1. I almost forgot about the Marvin Gaye documentary airing on CNN tonight.

2. I will be setting my reminder so that I don't forget.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 03:58 am
Anton Petrov needs an info detox...
I am glad he addressed his failure somewhat head on.
Taking a break is probably not a bad idea if he wants to keep his audience on the long run.

0 Replies