Albuquerque

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2021 06:47 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2021 07:02 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2021 09:58 am
One of the best films of 2020 in my opinion and very reminiscent of the kind of experimentation Woody Allen use to do with films about human relations in all their nuance, absurdity and comic/tragic splendour! A quiet minimalistic, not convoluted film, with no particular direction, full of little precious gems gone in a second...if you haven't seen it do it!

0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2021 11:38 am
Not a particular big fan of Michio but this interview is worth watching:
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2021 12:42 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2021 01:10 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2021 03:22 pm
Agency HAS NOTHING to do with "free will". In fact the very idea that you can conduct determine an outcome from your own will goes against the very idea of freedom and it shots itself on the foot. As for randomness there is a very serious debate to be had in Philosophy of Maths between pseudo randomness and actual randomness which for all purposes is a word that equates with "miracle"! Obviously even if randomness existed it wouldn't grant you any kind of "free will", quite the opposite...
Anyway I don't do miracles for any attempt of rational talk, and I am not impressed with arguments ad authority!
If a good argument for free will ever comes I will be around to listen but fuzzy bullshit talk is not worth the time!

Here is the video that triggered my necessary reaction to so much bullshit:

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 10:37 am
@Albuquerque,
As someone said one day "people are free to do what they want but are not free to want what they want!" And this is the core and the essence of the problem here. Trying to confuse and conflate this distinction to preserve the social need of believing in free will and avoid a massive depression and social unrest might be pragmatical but goes against what Science always preached when it comes to get to the actual facts.

0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 10:57 am
The problem behind many problems:
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 12:00 pm
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 12:20 pm
I don't like most of these documentaries - they are too cerebral. I want ones that are more interesting and less thinking; more crazy type ones; oddities.

I like the ones like someone posted with the people living in RVs and I liked the one about the amusement park that was completely unsafe in CT I think it was.

There must be ones about the people that live barefoot or freegans - something like that.
Linkat

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 12:27 pm
@Linkat,
Like this - but longer (and granted it is no longer available)

Meet the Freegans
7min
NR

Steve is an educated man. A school teacher. A home owner. He also enjoys eating food from dumpsters..."Dumpster diving for socially conscience. Who knew?"....
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2021 03:05 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2021 11:50 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 01:57 pm

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 02:21 pm
On another topic interesting news:
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 03:35 pm
@Albuquerque,
Good riddance to Greta.
Albuquerque

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 04:40 pm
@Leadfoot,
Mental disability for mental disability I see more disability and blindness from "our" side than Greta's apocalyptic view...

There is a failure of the "establishment" in many many areas that gave rise to Trump phenomena and copycats worldwide...and while I personally despise Trump and everything his populism stands for I can see why a Looney like him rose so fast!

The establishment is rotten to the core and big change will come one way or another.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 05:36 pm
@Albuquerque,
Greta is the result of brainwashing by the media, or possibly her school or parents.
No Trump fanboy here but the zombie that replaced him is there for the same reason.

Oh yes, there is an apocalypse coming, but it has nothing to do with poor Greta's or the American public's delusions.