My documentaries, the documentaries that I recommend

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2021 12:15 pm
@Leadfoot,
Better than this? No, not a chance...I don't fiddle with the idea of correcting Nature or Reality...not that dumb yet.

You might try some cocaine for a while but it gets boring pretty soon.

As for doing away with predators and dangers where does that leave us? No need for brains nor reason to push forward without challenges.

...soo with all due respect I'll pass on the idea of Heaven. It is outdated primitive and frankly dumb!

if I have ever to come back because the information patterns in the Universe/Multiverse/Pluriverse/Reality is fractal I rather come back without memory of my trillion trillion trillion repetitions...

...forgetting is like sleeping and start afresh in a new dawn!
As far as I understand it death even if not permanent is a blessing as it erases what otherwise would be a sum of infinite memories!

Again don't correct Nature!
Albuquerque

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2021 12:16 pm
@Leadfoot,
I focus on the idea that he is a nice guy more often!...
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2021 12:26 pm
@Albuquerque,
Quote:
...forgetting is like sleeping and start afresh in a new dawn!
As far as I understand it death even if not permanent is a blessing as it erases what otherwise would be a sum of infinite memories!

Again don't correct Nature!

It’s so interesting that our views are so diametrically opposed!

Forgetting everything! AAhhhhhhhhh!
Albuquerque

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2021 12:32 pm
@Albuquerque,
...you see the very idea of an alternative to Reality is logically preposterous as Reality by definition is all that can be. Time is of no essence here. What can come no matter how rare or how hard will come eventually.

Reality wouldn't be Reality if there was an alternative to Reality...it would be half of Reality. I see no reason to think half of Reality is worse then the other half. Holistically I tend to think the hole ecosystem makes sense and it is balanced as is. I also tend to believe that suffering educates and gives more value to good times...
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2021 12:39 pm
@Leadfoot,
Eternity, Infinity is a MONSTER Leadfoot...you just don't grasp how big of a monstrosity it would be to really really live forever!

...reading all the libraries in the world, that existed, exist and will exist, and still have an infinity in front of you...

...seeing all the movies and series and documentaries, that existed, exist and will exist, in the world and still having an infinity in front of you...

...meeting intimately all the living people, that existed, exist and will exist, in the world and all the living animals, that existed, exist and will exist, and still have an infinity in front of you...

I can go with this list for 100 pages forward and I wouldn't even be starting to compile the problem...

Living forever without "sleep"? Really tyvm for the offer but nop!
Albuquerque

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2021 12:52 pm
@Leadfoot,
...let me make a snipe pot shot at my old friend Farma over there...

Scientists are no better, they also are trying to invent a way to pospone death indefinitely...if they did a bit more of Philosophy along with Science they would understand just how dumb the whole idea is...
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2021 01:46 pm
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2021 01:53 pm
@Albuquerque,
Ok I want to do this!

But I did notice that most of these individuals are of about retirement age - or look it (other than the young couple) -

Funny thing is I regularly watch the buying RV show - I thought it would be cool to get one of these things and just travel and stay where ever you felt like staying - now I know how to do it on the cheap.
Albuquerque

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2021 02:11 pm
@Linkat,
I also have a love of caravans and travelling that would fit perfectly into my personality. (Funny I don't get out of my house for years now...concrete and urban stupidity on the street don't invite me out)...anyway while I wouldn't like to live on a car I would love a small cosy functional motor caravan moved by hydrogen with solar panels. I love small houses to. Small cosy minimalistic stuff fits me.
Sadly it is a dream I can't ever fulfil...my wife gives piano and lyric singing lessons so we have to stay local. And even for holidays escapades we are stuck. I can't drive because of extremely poor high sight (90% loss) and she is a disaster at orientation although she is a good enough driver. GPS can only take you so far and she gets nervous in long travels.
Anyway I hope you get the opportunity to do what I can only dream off, be happy!
Albuquerque

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2021 03:43 pm
Perseverance has landed congratulations NASA, congratz to the best USA has to offer !!!

0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2021 03:45 pm
@Albuquerque,
Give me about 5+ years - gotta get the younger one through college.

But yeah one just big enough to be comfortable and wouldn't be too hard to drive. I'd love to do it. Got enough in my retirement fund at what they say they spend a month should be able to swing it.

Something to look forward to - in the mean time - I will keep watching those RV shows.

The other thing is -you notice no one with kids and most are on their own - the most baggage one guy had was his dog. Easier to do by yourself or at least without any dependents.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2021 04:33 pm
@Albuquerque,
Quote:
Living forever without "sleep"? Really tyvm for the offer but nop!

Not that I made you an offer, but the only thing worse would be living forever, periodically forgetting everything, and knowing that’s going to happen.

Hold my beer while I load this pistol.
Albuquerque

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2021 05:09 pm
@Leadfoot,
The eternity of your information pattern and the information pattern of your own subjective interaction with the background ecosystem is no joke.

Forgetting to learn again afresh and new after a long cosmic night is no crime, it is ETERNAL BEAUTY!

The phenomenology of your existence engraved in the very fabric of spacetime validates you forever including your illusions your misconceptions the things you achieved and missed, you and all the others, all valid, all complexity, all whole, the Reason of all reasons, in the bedrock of BEING!

A single bit of information less in Reality would dissolve the integrity of Nature of ALL Reality!
Indeed no thing is left out!
Albuquerque

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2021 05:23 pm
@Albuquerque,
...and you want to sell me a lesser anthropic God in a righteous clean garden?
I dream of "god" concepts you could never grasp, they have jungle and passion!
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2021 06:45 pm
@Albuquerque,
Again, I ain’t selling a thing, in case you hadn’t noticed. Far as I can tell, I couldn’t give away ice water in hell let alone sell it. 'Death of a Salesman' gave me nightmares.

May our dreams of God come true.

0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2021 06:51 pm
@Albuquerque,
Quote:
Forgetting to learn again afresh and new after a long cosmic night is no crime, it is ETERNAL BEAUTY!

Maybe you just haven’t made enough mistakes yet.
Or maybe I’ve made too many.

In any case, I’d hate to repeat them over again.
Albuquerque

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2021 02:56 am
@Leadfoot,
I spoke of the exact "you" you have been that shall repeat also, but there will be plenty of variants in between who will do less and more "mistakes" in life. If all that can happen will happen, in fact has happen in an eternalist set, then "you" are all these things, that experimented different scenarios and "choices" in life.
The net worth of your all life's just like the Cosmos itself is zero...not because zero is nothing, but because zero is the PERFECT balance of all the wrongs and rights, achievements and misfortunes the set of "you/s" have made in each Big Bang there IS in Eternity.
"You" my friend, have a lot of different things to experience in many different role-play scenarios that from a within time perspective have yet to come such that "you" can be complete with "God" Being or Reality. (pick the word you like the most)
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2021 07:24 am
@Albuquerque,
Here’s what I’m hearing you say:

'As long as there is enough energy in the 'universe(s)' to stir the cosmic pot, then sooner or later some particles are going to arrange themselves into the same pattern as 'me'.'

I can’t argue with the math if you are right about the infinity of time.

But that does pose another question. Where did all my memories go if they are not there?
Albuquerque

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2021 10:17 am
@Leadfoot,
I think of it like a huge Rubik's cube and from my POV that includes your memories and experiences. Not even saying that I am a materialist here and much less that I am a spiritualist. I don't try to qualify the ultimate domain other then stating it IS timeless in essence.

Note that the information on a Rubik's cube is not on the movement itself of the parts but in the number of possible combinations that it potentially already has.

Another side note, if I had to accept something needs to move I use Occam's Razor and rather believe that one single thing moves that makes all other things seem to move, no free will tho. It works just like a pointer in a watch moving along through all the numbers rather then the numbers moving themselves through the pointer...more energy efficiency...(whatever "energy" means.)

Keeping up with speculative intuitions I also rather have one Dimension than four. ! A dimension that simulates all others like a line of code, again Occam Razor all the way.

As for the Phenomenology itself like the colour Red or the smell of a flower while we can see its maths and compare from species to species phenomenology itself as a whole is a brut fact.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2021 06:21 pm
@Albuquerque,
Quote:
Keeping up with speculative intuitions I also rather have one Dimension than four. ! A dimension that simulates all others like a line of code, again Occam Razor all the way.

Lovely.

Compress that one dimension into a point and you'd probably get a big bang.

It'd be like a Cosmic Zip file. Oh ****, we ARE in the Matrix..