Albuquerque

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2023 03:52 pm
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2023 04:00 pm
@Albuquerque,
Quote:
Affordable wants and needs, the wisdom of a simple life:

That’s a great series of philosophy videos. And that particular one was timely for me. I’ve allowed too many distractions in my life and I’ve decided a2k is one of them that needs to go. The landlords haven’t come up with a reason to ban me but I’ve been effectively silenced here by having every thread where I’ve started a serious discussion - disabled. Reminds me of recently uncovered Twitter tactics pre Elon.

Oh! Did you see where Musk is planning to build a 'TruthGPT' to counter the rigged and gagged GPT-4 et al? Marvelous!

But it has been a pleasure meeting and knowing you to the extent that’s possible online.

All the best Fil.
Albuquerque

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2023 02:43 pm
@Leadfoot,
I am sorry to learn you feel it is the time to let go of A2K, diversity of opinion, even on the fringe of opinion is always robust for proper debate.
I've been and always will be a free speech advocate embracing both the bad and the good that comes with it.
It has been a great pleasure to talk to you over the years and I hope you keep having a great life experience ahead of you.
I will be around if you want to PM me for whatever reason you find worth talking. All the best Leadfoot!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2023 02:44 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2023 03:26 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2023 04:06 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2023 04:14 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2023 05:57 am
The next generation of Lucky Hank above average mediocrity at work:
(Warning adult language and extremely polarizing topics going forward)
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2023 05:26 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sat 29 Apr, 2023 01:37 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2023 11:32 am
As an European seeing from afar I am so glad to see Roy Wood Jr. on this special occasion, what a treat!
It is well deserved and his gig making the remarks at the 2023 White House Correspondents' Dinner was perfect well done!
Catch you back on the daily show perhaps as a host who knows...you got heavy competition there but you are well on top of your game... anyway after Trevor departure I was sceptical for a while on how things would go, but you guys have kept it together as a team and I still don't miss an episode...so congratulations are in order Roy and keep up making us laugh for a couple of minutes a day if only to take our minds for a spin in the sombre days we live in!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 16 May, 2023 10:37 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 18 May, 2023 07:05 pm
Stumbled upon this priceless piece of History:
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 18 May, 2023 07:23 pm
Stumbled upon this priceless piece of History:(it looks like cigarettes work miracles)
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 22 May, 2023 02:49 pm
The distinction between Science, a process of gathering data, and Philosophy, is very well clarified in this debate about AGI, take a look:
Albuquerque

Reply Mon 22 May, 2023 03:24 pm
@Albuquerque,
I have yet to see a really creative AI Philosopher, and not one that edits data from Human thinkers by summing up the History of our thought process and mixing some stuff...quite another thing is doing Science which is just a process of gathering valid data, that can be replaced, and is and will be replaced. The misconception that Science killed Philosophy turned out quite ironic, as the lack of Philosophical foreknowledge will be killing Science done by humans...AGI's when really intelligent will be very interested in "human intuitions" as our distinct material layout and experiencing cannot be replaced by just understanding our patterns of behaviour...
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 23 May, 2023 05:31 am
Quite the original video to stumble on and its not faked as far as I could tell...so lets resume, we have a capsized boat, a bunch of people stranded on an island fishing for food and having crazy fun while waiting to be rescued well beyond early predictions...don't believe it, just watch these crazy Aussies!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 23 May, 2023 06:41 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2023 07:59 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2023 02:41 am
0 Replies