My documentaries, the documentaries that I recommend

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2023 06:45 am
@Albuquerque,
Quote:
Reality NECESSITATES whatever dumb thing we come up with..

That would explain, why we drive one another insane, instead of the other way round.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2023 02:18 am
@Leadfoot,
Well, these days half agreement on anything is an excellent starting point!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2023 05:52 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2023 06:07 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2023 05:28 am
I've long been intrigued with this idea of retro causality for a good while now as it would be the only viable process to explain away the abhorrent magic of "emergent phenomena" which I really dislike deeply as it explains nothing and I like having proper explanations without magic links in between levels of explanation. As I've mentioned IMO in so far a top down approach is the only thing that can make sense of the biggest mysteries we are faced with like quantum entanglement.

The fundamental idea when narrowed down is that things don't come to exist out of nothingness as emergent...the future doesn't pop up into being magically. The whole set is there and the order of things comes from maximum amount of diversity that already exists back in time to the simplest form. The case of retro causality is a case fundamentally against spontaneous creation ad nihil! The whole thing reminds me of Plato's theory of reminiscence in a way so the concept is not totally new.

Here is a simple digestible take on the subject:

The miss use of the term "not locally real" while pragmatically understandable in "languaging" should be avoided as it brings obfuscation and confusion when it concludes the Universe is not Real. How many times do I have to make a remark that illusions are a REAL part of Reality is beyond me as Reality is an whole inclusive grab whole concept by definition. If you had a dream about something, when you wake up you shouldn't say it wasn't real, rather you should say that the dream is another domain of operations that is more or less inconsequential to your woke up life. That is a dream if dreamed is REAL by definition. Scientific word salad drives Philosophers crazy!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2023 04:47 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2023 12:51 am
Some more drama on Open AI:
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2023 03:36 am
I've been feeling very emotional with season 3 of Star Trek Picard as the permanent end of the old guard gets closer and closer...the franchise deeply marked my early childhood and personality, my faits divers with Science and my love of Philosophy...To all the Trekkie fans around I say, one last ride into the sunset!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2023 08:34 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2023 10:50 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2023 07:22 am
A perfect picture of the contemporary college experience!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2023 08:16 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2023 11:45 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2023 12:07 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2023 09:44 am
Affordable wants and needs, the wisdom of a simple life:
Albuquerque

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2023 02:32 pm
Max Tegmark piles up on chat GPT-4 AGI fear mongering with an open letter...and still he has a point!
Take a listen:

Albuquerque

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2023 10:53 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2023 07:31 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2023 04:55 am
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2023 08:21 am
@Albuquerque,
Quote:
Max Tegmark piles up on chat GPT-4 AGI fear mongering with an open letter...and still he has a point!

Oh yes. That part about creating our own monsters was spot on. What a list we could make, and just in this generation. GPT-4 is just the latest boogeyman of the hour. We are SO over Covid, we needed something to take up the fading effects of evil Russia in Ukraine.

0 Replies