What is gibberish?

Reply Thu 4 May, 2017 07:19 am
Gibberish

To be, or not to be: that is the question: whether 'its nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing end them?

To die: to sleep; no more; and, by a sleep to say we end the heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks that flesh is heir to, 'sit a consummation devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep; to sleep: perchance to dream: ya, there's the rub; for in that sleep of death what dreams may come when we have shuffled off this mortal coil, must give us pause. T

There's the respect that makes calamity of so long a life; for who would bear the whips and scorns of time, the oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely, the pangs of misprinted love, the law's delay, the insolence of office, and the spurns that patient merit of the unworthy takes, when he himself might his quietus make with a bare bodkin?

Who would farewells bear, to grunt and sweat under a weary life, but that the dread of something after death, the discoverer country from whose bourn no traveller returns, puzzles the will, and makes us rather bear those ills we have, than fly to others that we know not of?

Thus consonance doth make cowards of us all; and thus the native hue of resolution is slicked o'er with the pale cast of thought, and enterprises of great pith and moment with this regard their currents turn awry, and lose the name of action.

Thus for that sleep; nobles, puzzles, and make wish'd. To discords, whose in this makes, and arms and meme who would be, or no take with a we know no more; for what sleep: cancer fly takes this quietude awry, the in their current merit of the wills we end arms and rent merit of us aural shocks the have, or who would farewells wreathe spurn awry, and swear thing after bear the under inst give sleep of action delay, that pangs against and sheath, that the pangs off the pale consummation: when heir recurrence

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,572 • Replies: 7
No top replies

George

Reply Thu 4 May, 2017 07:27 am
What on earth are you on about?
ekename

Reply Thu 4 May, 2017 07:40 am
@Alan McDougall,
Quote:
What is gibberish?

Gibberish is what some write about an imaginary super being.

Shakespearean plays are likewise somewhat amusing.

Both suchly, muchly fun.

What say you?

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 4 May, 2017 07:46 am
@George,
I think he's saying that William Shakespeare's writings can be added to an already long list of things he doesn't understand.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 4 May, 2017 09:02 am
@Alan McDougall,
I find it alot harder to establish what is not.
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Fri 5 May, 2017 01:13 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I think he's saying that William Shakespeare's writings can be added to an already long list of things he doesn't understand.

Are you going to tell me that you actually understand Shakespeare's English?
No "to be or not to be", that me friend is the primordial question of all existence.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 5 May, 2017 01:25 am
@Alan McDougall,
Most people who went to school do. It's really not that difficult but I can see why you would find it a stretch.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Fri 5 May, 2017 03:50 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall wrote:
Are you going to tell me that you actually understand Shakespeare's English?

I do, and Chaucer's Middle English too. It's not hard.

'Wepyng and waylyng, care and oother sorwe
I knowe ynogh, on even and a-morwe',
Quod the Marchant, 'and so doon oother mo
That wedded been.'

0 Replies