Pencils & other random items of interest

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 08:51 pm
Grand Duke wrote:
Have you an interesting fact to add to our evergrowing collection?

Glad you asked Cool I have memorized the most important little known facts that everyone should always know!

#1 During an hour's swimming at a municipal pool you will ingest 1/12 liter of urine.

#2 In an average day your hands will have come into indirect contact with 15 penises (touching door handles etc.)

#3 An average person's yearly fast food intake will contain 12 pubic hairs.

#4 In a year you will have swallowed 14 insects - while you slept!

#5 Daily you will breath in 1 liter of other peoples' anal gases.

#6 Annually you will shake hands with 11 women who have recently masturbated and failed to wash their hands.

#7 Annually you will shake hands with 6 men who have recently masturbated and failed to wash their hands.

Not sure how they can figure these things out! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 09:09 pm
Quote:
#6 Annually you will shake hands with 11 women who have recently masturbated and failed to wash their hands.

#7 Annually you will shake hands with 6 men who have recently masturbated and failed to wash their hands.

But that would mean that more women are...... HEY, have you been fibbing to us all along?
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 09:14 pm
Brooke Smile

those are most interesting facts...the kind we never want to think about Shocked
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 09:18 pm
Thanks, Brooke! I'm having all sorts of fun with all these facts!

Joe - I always suspected that women have been lying to us about that particular matter...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 09:24 pm
Men are so easily deluded.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 09:25 pm
So true Noddy. Still, ignorance can sometimes be bliss..
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 09:33 pm
Ignorance can be bliss? 'Tis folly to be wise?

Ah, wilderness. Ah, men.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 09:42 pm
I am constantly suprised how women manage to find us attractive...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 11:42 pm
Who could resist a black faced sheep sitting before what might, just maybe, be an antique sewing machine?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 06:40 am
Quote:
In 10 years, the weight of a mattress doubles because of debris. That debris includes dust mites (their droppings and their decaying bodies), mold, millions of dead skin cells, dandruff, animal and human hair, secretions, excretions, lint, pollen, dust, soil, sand and a lot of perspiration, of which the average person loses a quart per day.

Oh yuk. And I thought that the mattress was getting harder to turn because I was getting weaker.............. Laughing
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 06:56 am
roger wrote:
Who could resist a black faced sheep sitting before what might, just maybe, be an antique sewing machine?

Laughing Roger is right, GD that is an adorable avatar. I was thinking it was a sewing machine, a muppet sewing machine.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 07:30 am
Not a bad guess, Roger and Paulaj. It is pretty obscure, I admit. Here is the full image...

http://www.electroshot.com/orb/orb93.gif

And here is a picture of the mystery building in all its glory...

http://www.vam.ac.uk/vastatic/microsites/1157_art_deco/img/about/p_battersea.jpg

It is the former Battersea Power Station on the south bank of the Thames in London. It is NOT now the Tate Modern Art Gallery. Which is quite cool, since I think it's one of the best-looking power stations I've ever seen.

Anyway, more facts coming soon...
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 07:35 am
Btw, it's an 'homage' (or rip-off, whichever you prefer) of the cover of Pink Floyd's "Animals".

http://members.aol.com/pgrsel/barrett/lpanimaa.jpg
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 07:40 am
James Brown holds the record for the most #1 singles of any artist alive today, and the second most #1 singles of all time.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 08:09 am
The Battersea power station is not the tate modern !! It is a totally different building. What to do with the power station is still being debated I think...
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 08:12 am
Gautam wrote:
The Battersea power station is not the tate modern !! It is a totally different building. What to do with the power station is still being debated I think...

See, that's what happens when you live Up North! Thanks for the correction, G. I'll go back and edit the post for clarity's sake. Have you a fact you'd care to share?
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 08:23 am
The Tate Modern is housed in the converted Bankside Power Station, also in London on the banks of the Thames, and also designed in the 1930's by architect Sir Giles Gilbert Scott. He also designed the old-style red telephone boxes and Liverpool Anglican Cathedral.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 08:25 am
This is for you GD.... Smile

In ancient times, a groom used to apply a spot of his blood on his bride's forehead, in recognition of wedlock. Today, married Indian women may choose to wear this mark. However, if a women is single, divorced, or widowed, she cannot wear this mark.

Hinduism is the oldest of the five great religions followed today. It also differs from other religions because it cannot be traced to a single founder.

In Vedic literature, there were flying machines called vimanas, which means "he who is able at three strides to take measure of the entire earth and heavens. There were two different types. The first was manmade, and resembled airplanes. The second looked almost looked loke UFOs, and were not handmade.

Alexander the Great discovered bananas in his conquest of India in 327 B.C.

The richest Indian is six times richer than the Queen of England.

It was ancient Indian knowledge that helped Steptoe come up with the test tube baby in 1979.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 08:43 am
Gautam, interesting facts.

GD, boy was I wrong, a sewing machine? oops. lol
I wasn't alone though, was I Roger.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 08:45 am
Nice one, G! Not just good facts, but themed as well! You da man!
0 Replies