Would you give this person a second chance, or dump him completely?

Cheapr2

Reply Mon 1 May, 2017 11:37 am
Been talking to this person online…he is a good guy there’s no doubt, we skype everyday, know info on his family, friends etc …they all look very good people ..he is even tagged in their photos etc so his identity its true

He speaks genuily on his life in general since I have proof of what he says…but he keeps lying on 3 imprtant issues and even if confrontred he is not saying the truth:

1. he lies on his profession…he doesnt work where he says he works as I confirmed it myself…thus anything which he said/ says on his job its not true.

2. he lies on his housemate…he says that he lives with a housemate since he just gratuated…he showed me photos of this housemate…however i realised from his facebook that this “housemate” does not even live in the same city so its not true…however there is indded another male living with him but I cant figure out whoe he is (hes not gay)

3.he had to come and see me in my city but he cancelled the appointment in the lat minute for a lie…and when confronted he admitted but he justified with another lie!

so what you think I should do? On one hand this person is genuine on his identity but on the other hand he keeps on keeping the above lies! If this person wants to do me harm he would not have revealed his real identity to me…but if he does not want harm… Why is he lying on these important things?!?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 2,175 • Replies: 5
No top replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 1 May, 2017 12:10 pm
@Cheapr2,
You haven't even met him in person and he is already lying to you? Do you really need advice on whether or not to move forward with this guy? Assuming he is lying to you.

1. How do you know he does not work where he says he does? Did you call the company and ask for him by name?

2. Maybe his housemate has not changed his FB page to indicate he is now living with this guy. Very flimsy evidence of deceit here. After all, why would he lie about this?

3. This one is the only thing you can be certain he lied about.

If you are certain he is lying to you now, then end it before it begins. You'll save yourself some heartache.

Cheapr2

Reply Mon 1 May, 2017 12:17 pm
@CoastalRat,
Thanks for your reply! I really feel
I need help on this.

I have confirmed he does not work where he says because he got caught himself...he sent me a selfie and by mistake he left some of pc screen in the photo where he had details of his work email! I then confirmed by searching the adress of the company he says he works with...and this company adress does not match we the area he says he works at!!

As for this housemate, he says he has been living with him for 4 years...so hes not new and this person's facebook has very recent photos tagged in the city which has nothing to do where this online date lives. Thats why i cant understand him...why would he lies to me in this?? What is he hiding whilst at the same time he gives genuine personal details on him? ( which i comfirmed they are true)!

Thanks!
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 1 May, 2017 02:31 pm
Forget about it. You have a bad start with this man. Why try to make it work or figure it out?

Start over with a real , live man who lives near you and is open on all issues.

0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Mon 1 May, 2017 05:58 pm
@Cheapr2,
Sounds like a catfish to me.

I agree with the others, move on and find yourself a local guy to get to know.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 2 May, 2017 12:47 pm
@Cheapr2,
Cheapr2 wrote:

He speaks genuily on his life in general since I have proof of what he says…but he keeps lying on 3 imprtant issues and even if confrontred he is not saying the truth:

1. he lies on his profession…he doesnt work where he says he works as I confirmed it myself…thus anything which he said/ says on his job its not true.

2. he lies on his housemate…he says that he lives with a housemate since he just gratuated…he showed me photos of this housemate…however i realised from his facebook that this “housemate” does not even live in the same city so its not true…however there is indded another male living with him but I cant figure out whoe he is (hes not gay)

3.he had to come and see me in my city but he cancelled the appointment in the lat minute for a lie…and when confronted he admitted but he justified with another lie!

You've seen him lie and forge posts on social media yet you still think...
Quote:
Been talking to this person online…he is a good guy there’s no doubt... know info on his family, friends etc …they all look very good people ..he is even tagged in their photos etc so his identity its true

... isn't an elaborate ruse or hoax?!

You sound like a possible phishing target from another variant on the Nigerian prince scam. You sound like your almost completely hooked.

I'd say report him to the social media outlet of your choice and a law enforcement agency in your area but it's likely the agency can't do anything about him.

I'd still report him to the admins and maybe he already has a history of conning gullible people out of their money. #spoileralert He hasn't reached that point in the relationship but he will be crossing that line pretty soon if you don't dump him already.
0 Replies