Bill Clinton: Why Bush Won

revel

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 03:20 pm
I think everyone is getting carried away. He only won by 51% of the vote; it is not as though he won by 80 or 90% the way everyone including democrats are putting on. A large majority disapproves of the way the country is heading. (Will look it up later if asked) Since that is the case it is kind of surprising that Bush won. I wasn't surprised because I knew all along that the moral issue was what was dragging us down. When you have 11 states all het about gays being married you know something is up with people. I am only hoping that it is an unfortunate phase that will soon blow itself out.

The reason I say that is not because I do not think homosexuality is a sin. In fact I do believe it is a sin. However that is my personal belief and may not be others and it is not fair to push my personal belief system onto other people.

Another issue that was dragging us down was the security thing as though Bush done so much to keep us safe.

Democrats do have a message and it is democracy over theocracy. We care about health care for uninsured and jobs for those that have been forgotten because they have been unemployed longer than their unemployment benefits lasted. We care about getting a good head start for children first starting out that otherwise would not have too much of an opportunity to start learning. We care about the environment so that we all won't be hacking and coughing from too much pollution from factories because the environmental laws have been allowed to be weakened. We care about jobs being sent over seas so that companies can get away with paying next nothing and get away with not paying taxes.

The message was simply not heard because we were simply too busy talking about John Kerry throwing his medals over the fence after he got back from vietnam or being too chummy with Jane Fonda.

But it is over and done with and Bush is President finally and I accept him as such. I accept that the republicans have a majority in both the house and senate. What I don't accept is that democrats should just lie down and try to be" monkey-see-monkey-do" to a bunch of republicans. We may as well do away with democrats and all become republicans and I for one would rather die first, literally.
0 Replies