Oopsie!!!

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 09:50 am
Ceili wrote:
Up here, we use paper. Amazingly simple concept.
Sometimes there are recounts when results are close. Yet, fraud is never really an issue and elections are called a few hours after the last voting booth closes.

your countrys' leaders don't stand to gain as much in money and power as ours do Ceili and therefore are not likely to be nearly as corrupt in word thought and deed.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 10:44 am
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.........

Bear, darlin'...
I was merely talking about the process. Many, many countries use paper, have little problem with fraud and get the election results much faster. Why must the one country spreading Democracy with guns and ammo use a less duplicitous system or series of systems? The process should be unified, from adding 3rd party candidates to the ballot to the actual vote itself.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 10:46 am
I agree Ceili my sweet, but the american leadership is not invested in a simple and straigtforward voting process...quite the contrary....
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 10:53 am
Elsewhere online, people are beginning to refer to the voting irregularities as "Votergate," available at www.votergate.tv.

Congressman Rush Holt apparently introduced a bill into Congress requiring a voter-verified paper ballot be produced by all electronic voting machines, and it's been co-sponsored by a majority of the members of the House of Representatives. The two-year battle fought by Dennis Hastert and Tom DeLay to keep it from coming to a vote, thus insuring that there will be no possible audit of the votes of about a third of the 2004 electorate. Many independent thinkers are worried that neocons, and their "ends justifies the means" morality would stoop to stealing the vote "for the better good of the country." I'm not sure if I believe things're quite that extreme, but have moments where I doubt the honesty of the people advising the president and essentially setting our country's policies... I recommend you see the information available for yourselves. Very interesting to read...

http://www.notablesoftware.com/evote.html
0 Replies