Oopsie!!!

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 08:17 pm
only takes a handful of slips like this and bingo!!!!!! Election outcome manipulated....a snip here...a snip there....

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041106/D8661OA80.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,532 • Replies: 23
No top replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 08:21 pm
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/11/05/voting.problems.ap/index.html
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 08:26 pm
According to the Miami Herald a previously unknown "bug" in the electronic voting machines in Broward County began to subtract votes after the tally reached 3,500. One wonders what other unsuspected "bugs" are out there.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 08:27 pm
Acquiunk wrote:
According to the Miami Herald a previously unknown "bug" in the electronic voting machines in Broward County began to subtract votes after the tally reached 3,500. One wonders what other unsuspected "bugs" are out there.

one does wonder...one also suspects....
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 08:48 pm
one only knows you guys are reaching for straws to figure out why you lost
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 08:59 pm
If the voting process turns out to be unreliable, no winning candidate will have legitimacy. This is a serious issue.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:01 pm
Baldimo wrote:

I didn't write the news........
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:16 pm
Jimmy Carter was on CNN before the election. He has aided many countries in thier elections and said it was hard to look people in the face while extoling the virtues of democracy and a fair election when his own country made a mockery of the process. And so it continues....
0 Replies

theollady

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:25 pm
Quote:

Who is 'you lost', Baldimo?
The losers are all the citizens of this USA- when crooked politicians, biased judges, and 'bought' cheaters conspire to take over the most powerful country in the known world.
You just be careful to not choke on your chortles during the next months, as the great republican principles are revealed to the fundamental "christians- who are so gullible.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:45 pm
It is a majority of Americans that won. I don't know if you read my post but things have been swinging in favor of the Republicans for the last several elections. People have seen what the Republicans are about and have wanted more according to the elections and the way in which we have gained more in both houses as well as having our presidential candidate elected to another term. Do you doubt the American people that much? The Democratic Party has been in a down hill slide since the 94 election.
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:45 pm
When our electoral process loses credibility, and our "leaders" lack legitimacy...

WE

ALL

LOSE.

(Except, of course, for the "Insiders"; lackys, toadies and minions of any corrupt regime... THEY, of course, will skim off all of the cream and apportion it amongst themselves... as did the Third Reich. )
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 10:35 pm
Magus wrote:
When our electoral process loses credibility, and our "leaders" lack legitimacy...

WE

ALL

LOSE.

(Except, of course, for the "Insiders"; lackys, toadies and minions of any corrupt regime... THEY, of course, will skim off all of the cream and apportion it amongst themselves... as did the Third Reich. )

Bush won the popular vote as well. Clinton didn't even win by that large of a margin. I wouldn't call 3.5 million votes illegitimate.
0 Replies

theollady

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 11:33 pm
How do you know they ARE ligitimate, Baldimo?

Anyone who performs in government the way the bush team does,
has thousands and thousands voting against him... but then, didn't the powers that 'be' all make sure there was NO WAY of checking who voted, how, when, why and who for... and it gets done in such a way, an ordinary old lady cannot say or do a thing about it...

Oh, but I pray... everyday, I pray!!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 11:42 pm
Are you folk seriously suggesting the American election was corruptly altered by the Republicans?

I do hope you have very hard evidence for this...and it isn't just blowing smoke - cos it is a mighty stupid and serious thing to be saying if it is just smoke.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 11:50 pm
I don't think there's any evidence of that. I think that plenty of irregularities will show up, but I doubt it will be enough to have made a difference.
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 11:57 pm
The difference between "irregularity" and "fraud"... lies in who appoints the Judges.
Both corrupt major parties have been well aware of that fact for GENERATIONS.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 12:12 am
I am aware of fraud in the past - not currently?
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 04:10 am
UPDATE: VOTES 'FOUND ON MACHINES' IN PHILLY BEFORE POLLS OPEN

Before voting even began in Philadelphia -- Republican poll watchers believed they found nearly 2000 votes already planted on machines scattered in heavy-minority locations throughout the city.

Republican poll watchers claim:

One incident occurred at the SALVATION ARMY, 2601 N. 11th St., Philadelphia, Pa: Ward 37, division 8.

Pollwatchers uncovered 4 machines with planted votes; one with over 200 and one with nearly 500...

A second location, 1901 W. Girard Ave., Berean Institute, Philadelphia, Pa, had 300+ votes already on 2 machines at start of day.

ANOTHER INCIDENT: 292 votes on machine at start of day; WARD/DIVISION: 7/7: ADDRESS: 122 W. Erie Ave., Roberto Clemente School, Philadelphia, Pa..

ANOTHER: 456 votes on machine at start of day; WARD/DIVISION: 12/3; ADDRESS: 5657 Chew Ave., storefront, Philadelphia, Pa...

MORE...

The Kerry Campaign says reports of votes already on machines are 'false.'

"Serious news will not appear first on the DRUDGE gossip website," senior Kerry adviser Joe Lockhart told reporters.

Officially, election officials explain the discrepancy is being caused by a number showing how many times various machines have been used.

But officials could not explain why used machines in other locations were reportedly 'clean.'

Elsewhere, a gun was purposely made visible to scare poll watchers at Ward 30, division 11, at 905 S. 20th St., Grand Court. Police were called and quickly surrounded the location...

I guess that possible voter fraud only counts as a bad thing if Republicans do it, huh?

LINK
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 04:14 am
Up here, we use paper. Amazingly simple concept.
Sometimes there are recounts when results are close. Yet, fraud is never really an issue and elections are called a few hours after the last voting booth closes.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 09:48 am
dlowan wrote:
Are you folk seriously suggesting the American election was corruptly altered by the Republicans?

I do hope you have very hard evidence for this...and it isn't just blowing smoke - cos it is a mighty stupid and serious thing to be saying if it is just smoke.

No serious evidence, but enough smoke to make you want to check for fire.

1) The companies that manufacture the voting machines in question contributed to Bush's campaign... http://www.prweb.com/releases/2004/8/prweb149382.htm

2) There are more republican controlled Board of Elections than democrat ones (counted by counties.)

3) The exit polls had Kerry ahead where there was a paper trail, but Bush where people used the new software...

4) Zogby's 5pm election day calls for Kerry winning OH, FL were WRONG. He was exactly RIGHT in his 2000 final poll.

5) That Harris last minute polling for Kerry was WRONG. He was exactly RIGHT in his 2000 final poll.

6) The Incumbent Rule ((that undecideds break for the challenger)was WRONG. Bush did better than an 18 national poll average which showed him tied with Kerry at 47. In other words, Bush got 80% of the undecided vote to end up with a 51-48 majority - when ALL professional pollsters agree that the undecided vote ALWAYS goes to the challenger.

7) The 50% Rule was WRONG (that an incumbent doesn't do better than his final polling)

8) The Approval Rating Rule was WRONG (that an incumbent with less than 50% approval will most likely lose the election)

9) That the surge in new young voters had NO positive effect for Kerry...

10) That Kerry did WORSE than Gore agains an opponent who LOST the support of SCORES of Republican newspapers who were for Bush in 2000.
0 Replies