What to do if I don't find my gf attractive anymore?

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2017 09:41 am
My girlfriend has gained a lot of weight since the past year. She constantly asks me if she looks good, is she fat and I always lie because I know that she struggles with her appearance very much and I don't want to hurt her feelings. I tried convincing her to diet or work out with me and said that I wanted to get more healthy but it didn't work. She REALLY doesn't want to diet, because she has already been on a serious diet once and she says that it was too hard. She had to use her own money and had to cook for herself but she doesn't have the time to do that (we're in high school, she still lives with her family). Also her family eats very unhealthy. Right now two of our friends said that they are starting a diet and I said that I want to join them because I thought that maybe she will feel weird being the only one not dieting. But it didn't work. She asked me if I think that she should be on a diet and I said that it depeneds on her if she does want to. She asked me if she is fat and I lied and said that she isn't so right now I know that she won't diet with us. It wouldnt be so hard if she stopped constantly asking me if I think that she's beautiful and sexy. She said that I dont look at her the same way that she does at me, she says that when I'm naked she cant take her eyes of me and that I dont even seem interested when she is naked. I didnt even notice that, I cant fake being attracted to someone if I'm not. Breaking up with her is not an option. I love her very much but I have no idea what to do. Please help me.

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2017 09:46 am
I would guess the two of you don't belong together.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2017 09:58 am
@mkperson,
She knows the truth and she knows you're lying to her.

Try being gently honest.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2017 10:11 am
@mkperson,
mkperson wrote:

I cant fake being attracted to someone if I'm not.

Sure you can.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2017 01:30 pm
"Breaking up with her is not an option."

Why? Clearly, you are not happy. She probably isn't either.

What keeps you together?
tibbleinparadise

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2017 05:49 pm
@mkperson,
Why can't you break up with her? Is this some sort of arranged marriage type thing or something?
giujohn

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2017 07:48 pm
Always check out the mother to know what you'll be getting in the future.
0 Replies

mkperson

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2017 07:06 am
@PUNKEY,
Well I love her very much and overall we are happy together, it's just this thing that bugs me lately. But I wouldn't let it be a factor that decides that I should break up with her. We have been together for over a year now and I can't imagine breaking up with her just because of this. I know that physical attraction is important but it surely won't make me brake up with someone I love deeply. I'm just looking for other solutions that I might have not thought of.
0 Replies

mkperson

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2017 07:09 am
@tibbleinparadise,
The same answer I gave to @PUNKEY
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2017 07:52 am
@mkperson,
My wife was a thin girl when I met her. She was thin when we married. She was thin after two kids. In the last 20 years, she has gained a good bit of weight. (Granted, some of that, maybe all of it due to some medication she is on.) She may not be as physically attractive as she once was due to the weight, but you know what? I love the person she is. She still turns me on. Sometimes I may look at her and wish she would lose a few pounds, but I didn't marry her because she was skinny.

The point is, if you love her, she will be attractive to you regardless of the extra weight. There may be times you are not as turned on as you think you would be with someone weighing less, but if she still does it for you, then why worry.

That said, there is nothing wrong with you being honest with her about her weight if it is concerning to you. I have gently (very gently) urged my wife on multiple occasions to try to take some weight off for health reasons. So talk to her about it. Be somewhat honest. If the two of you have as good of a relationship as you seem to indicate, then I don't think she will take offense. Just make sure you tell her you love her regardless.

Good luck.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2017 05:38 am
MK
In high school and been dating only a year?

Re read you own post. This is a person who lacks motivation and willingness to make changes to better herself. Then she asks for validation from YOU!

Find someone who loves themselves better.

0 Replies

albatros

Reply Mon 1 May, 2017 08:06 am
@mkperson,
You're both young to think of the serious relationship, if you two are really for each other you will learn how to appreciate each other no matter how ugly or bad you are. So if you really love her just give her the good motivation for continuing her diet program. Give her the strength and courage to do the best thing for her.
0 Replies