A simple question.

BillW

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 05:44 pm
Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 05:47 pm
America attacks Iraq. To everyone's surprise, N Korea throws missiles at Okinawa and American forces in S Korea. China warns the US to stay out, and invades Taiwan. Seeing the Ba'athist regime crumbling, Iran comes to the aid of the Shia majority in Iraq to fight both Saddam and the Americans. The US, ill prepared to fight on 2 fronts let alone 3 or 4 decides on a full scale pre emptive nuclear strike against China. George Bush chokes to death on a pretzel. Britain facing civil disturbance at home (the fire fighters go on permanent strike) and possible military defeat abroad, pulls out of the war. In his death agony, Saddam launches VX missile attacks at population centres in Israel. China launches first, not waiting for the US to get its missile defense system operable, and figuring that at the end there will always be more Chinese than Americans. American troops are withdrawn from the middle east. Osama bin Laden emerging from his cave and blinking in the bright sunlight gives thanks to Allah.

Of course I made it all up. Especially the pretzel bit, that was too far fetched
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 05:51 pm
It's as possible, in part (less as a whole, more - the pretzel part) as any other scenerio!
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 05:56 pm
Hi New Haven, Alas! I fear not. If only we were
EVER given ALL THE PERTINENT INFORMATION!!!
We are no doubt lucky if we know 0.01% of the
information they possess. We are the commoners,
those best kept in the dark, no doubt due to the fact
that our common, stupid little minds could never
clearly comprehend such complex issues????
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 09:16 pm
How did Harvard get into this?
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 12:59 am
Bill, do you really think that there was a smallest chance of popular uprisal against Hitler (I do not consider democratic ways of replacement, since Nazis eliminated all the mechanisms of democracy)? Hitler brought to Germans jobs and economic stability, and destiny of Jews, Gypsies, gays, mentally sick people and Marxists was not a reason strong enough to make people to riot.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 01:02 am
Babsatamelia, it is never possible to disclose all the intelligence information that is in the government's possession. This will jeopardize all the intelligence network in the area involved, and destroy the system of information collection and retrieval that was built during years and decades.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 05:44 am
DebL:

LW commented on "Harvard Business College". No such species at Harvard. Bush graduated form Harvard Business School, a graduate school at Harvard University.

Bush obtained an MBA from Harvard University. Shocked
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 05:45 am
pdidie:

"What does that say about Harvard"?

Harvard is a great University.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 05:47 am
Dreamweaver:

Concerns about Harvard? No worry. Very well endowed with $$.

That is a fact! Very Happy
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 05:49 am
There is no such thing at Harvard University, called "Harvard Business COllege:.

LW, there is Harvard Business School. It is a graduate school at Harvard and is one of the best Business programs in the world.

Bush had a "C" average? SO WHAT!

He's now the president. Shows what "C" students can accomplish in the REAL WORLD. Very Happy
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 05:53 am
Other great schools at Harvard are the Medical School and the Divinity school.

I noticed that Gore-the Bore didn't go to Harvard Divinity School. Why.
Couldn't pass the Latin, Greek, Hebrew,...etc courses? Or too lazy to apply? Or applied and was denied admission.

Hail to Harvard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 06:42 am
nh are you Harvard or Yale or neither yourself?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 09:43 am
steissd wrote:
And who can be a jury in the case of Iraq? Corrupt Third World regimes? Oil-dependent France? Or, maybe, Russia that is interested in high commodities prices? UN is an absolutely irrelevant and militantly anti-American organization, so it cannot play a role of independent and unbiased judge. Therefore, the cop has to act on his own. It is a constraint.

That sentiment is terrifying to me.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 09:53 am
Nitpicking about using "College" instead of "School" clues me in on considering the source -- graduating from Harvard Business School on a Cee average is no great distinction. Bragging about becoming President with a Cee average is indicative of the state of the mediocrity of our Federal government.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 09:53 am
Nitpicking about using "College" instead of "School" clues me in on considering the source -- graduating from Harvard Business School on a Cee average is no great distinction. Bragging about becoming President with a Cee average is indicative of the state of the mediocrity of our Federal government.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 10:15 am
"Nit-picking" ? Question
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 10:17 am
"C" average??

Didn't Einstein flunk algebra? Idea
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 11:02 am
There have been a number of notable Presidents whose education and intelligence were limited. Ford wasn't a genious, but he knew that his main challenge was to mend the damage caused by Nixon's misconduct. LBJ was poorly educated and crude, but he was a very talented political operative. Truman was a virtual failure at everything he ever tried, except the Presidency where he rose to greatness. During the 19th century there were a number of Presidents who were REALLY limited. Lincoln had a fine mind, but virtually no schooling at all. Jackson and W. Harrison made a virtue of their mental and educational limitations.

Did the really bright ones fulfill their promise? Wilson? Carter?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 11:39 am
Ford didn't mend the damage caused by Nixon's misconduct. That's exactly why he lost. LBJ got us entangled in Vietnam and Truman barely won reelection. Not good examples of Presidents who were or were not intelligent. Bush has had adequate schooling in business adminsitration but the government is not a business. I have given him a pass on learning on the job during his first two years as every President must do -- there is not precedent for that job. Schooling only really teaches you on how to teach yourself -- the examinations test memory and not abstract intelligence. Anyone with any modicum of abstract intelligence would not want to be President anyway.

The comparison of Dubya to Einstein. Laughing Rolling Eyes

I'm concerned this has descended into a level of trivial games that I'm not comfortable participating in so don't expect any more replies.
0 Replies