PENNSYLVANIANS HELP SAVE THE SUPREME COURT

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 07:06 am
Ok listen up. We in the district of Pa that is neither fully rural or fully suburban, have saved the Supreme Court from the implied "changes that are more in line with our nations values"
The democrats in the 5th and 7th districts carried the vote for aRLAN SPECTER. hes the GOP senior senator from PA. his term was up and he stood election against a new dEM face, Joe Hoeffel. Nothing wrong with Mr Hoeffel. he just couldnt deliver the goods by being a junior senator. Our telephone campaigns appealed to Dems not to turn the Specter /.Hoeffel race into an USv tHEM issue.
We banded together and got sPecter elected.Heres what its meaning is

SPECTER IS MODERATE
HES ALREADY NOTIFIED BUSH THAT HES DEAD SET AGAINST SCREWING WITH ROE V WADE

ORRIN HATCH IS OUT OF THE SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE IN JAN 05

SPECTER< IF HE WON < WOULD BE THE CHAIR

THE TERM OF SPECTER OUTLIVES BUSH II BY @ YEARS

pretty good eh? We voted for Kerry but hedged our bets.on the USSC replacements that Bush is planning on nominating.

NOW, our job is to make sure that ARLAN stays healthy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 908 • Replies: 13
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 07:32 am
Oh good! I voted for Specter even though I voted for Kerry. I'm glad he won. He is a moderate and he's been a good senator. I remember that I made up my mind to vote for him when watching his primary challenger's attack ads. They ticked off all these things that he did that weren't conservative enough and all I could think was, that sounds pretty good to me.

I'm so glad that at least one of my votes will have a positive effect.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 07:52 am
See, youve been part of a significant political movement. One that can lessen the threat to our Constitution.

Many people who voted for Specter in the primaries actually did the heavy lifting.

Im actually thinking of changing my party affiliation to GOP just so i can have a hand in thwarting the takeover of that party in PA by the conservative wing. My next issue is to get Santorum retired, he is such a closet bigoted douche.his stock is quickly rising in the national GOP while moderate GOPers like Ridge, or Specter, or SCarnton were being marginalized. Its amazing how the PA GOP party has changed from a moderate base to a pile of acutely intolerant wags who talk in code .
Remember, Pennsylvania has been described as Philadelphia on one side, Pittsburgh on the other, and ALABAMA in the middle
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 07:55 am
Senate is 55 GOP, 44 Dem, and an indepedent who caucuses with the Dems.

And given Specter's recent comments, he does not have a lock on the Judiciary Committee chair.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 07:56 am
Good work, farmerman. My state's senators weren't involved in the electoral process this time, so I could do nothing but vote for Kerry, an incumbent judge, and the town mayor.

The judge stayed, but I lost on the other two.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 07:59 am
Quote:
My next issue is to get Santorum retired, he is such a closet bigoted douche

Ha ha. I couldn't agree more.

I can't pretend to have been informed as to the strategy of voting for Specter. I just thought there was no reason to remove him given that I agree with him on most things, even though Hoeffel seemed good enough.

I was thinking the same thing about joining up with the Republicans just so I can effect change. It would leave a bad taste in my mouth, right now, though. Maybe in a couple of months.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 08:02 am
Good goin' farmerman and FreeDuck. Checks and balances are the name of the game at this point...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 08:10 am
FREEDUCKyeh, think about it.

GUS- we ave a mayor in the next town over. They call him WIMPY, cuz he looks like that Popeye character. He used to be a cop who ate so many donuts that his eyes are glazed. Usually mayors of small towns are great sources of humor.

Larry434, you have to agree that our strategy makes sense. If Specter isnt the Judiciary chair. he would probably carry even more weight as a media target who will speak his mind regarding the nominees that must pass through the committee. Either way, his political centrism is a bit of a brick in the road of the conservative juggernaut.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 05:35 pm
Wow and to think it was you libs who were concerned about a litmus test for judges and now you are going to make sure there is one. I sure hope we can get some people on the bench who will use the Constitution instead of politics and agendas to make rulings.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 06:22 pm
Thats why Specter will help keep the zealots remebering those wise lines baldy
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 07:48 pm
farmerman wrote:
Thats why Specter will help keep the zealots remebering those wise lines baldy

So you agree with the question of "Do you believe RvW should be overturned?" What if the answer were "I would look at any new case that comes before the court and rule on the merits of the case". Do you think that person should be turned down?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:42 pm
which might those be?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:46 pm
Which what?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 06:59 am
what?