The 14 characteristics of Fascism

gav

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 01:56 pm
Quote:
Oh, and since when did waging war on a country that posed no threat to your own bode well for the world?

Quote:
And at what point did the Iraqis ask you to overthrow their government

Not a change of topic is it? They both kind of revolve around Iraq dont they?

The comparison to Hitler was meant to highlight what a shower of bastards you really are!!!
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 01:58 pm
Don't mind McG, Gav, he's really kinda nice once ya get to know him.

And welcome to A2K.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 02:04 pm
McG... the country "pre-emptively" invaded by Hitler ( HE TOLD THE WORLD THEY WERE PLANNING TO ATTACK GERMANY...)

was POLAND.

Your little ignorant/misunderstanding farce IS just a sham, isn't it?

Or is it for real?

Are you truly contentiously oblivious, or just sincerely ignorant?

WHICH IS IT?

My theory is that you just like to stir up conflict... because it ENTERTAINS you.
0 Replies

gav

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 02:06 pm
Thanks for the welcome Cycloptichorn... Very Happy
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 02:13 pm
Magus wrote:
McG... the country "pre-emptively" invaded by Hitler ( HE TOLD THE WORLD THEY WERE PLANNING TO ATTACK GERMANY...)

was POLAND.

Your little ignorant/misunderstanding farce IS just a sham, isn't it?

Or is it for real?

Are you truly contentiously oblivious, or just sincerely ignorant?

WHICH IS IT?

My theory is that you just like to stir up conflict... because it ENTERTAINS you.

I am so glad you are here to point out these things to me. You seem so good at this, please interpret how you read this for me so I can again gleen from your enormous intellect.

gav wrote:
Oh, and since when did waging war on a country that posed no threat to your own bode well for the world? Really - I'd like to know. That kind of action puts you in some esteemed company in the course of history- Nazi Germany being one of them.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 02:17 pm
Quote:
Oh, and since when did waging war on a country that posed no threat to your own bode well for the world? Really - I'd like to know. That kind of action puts you in some esteemed company in the course of history- Nazi Germany being one of them.

To which McG replied, 'When did Germany try to set up Democracies?'

Which is a good point, but only somewhat; what is done in the country afterwards does not preclude the fact that we are still invading countries for the same reasons as the Nazi's. Now, they didn't set up democracies afterwards, but who expected them to?; they weren't a democracy.

If you look at it from the point of view that both America and Germany were trying to spread their form of government by force, the similarities are all there.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 02:23 pm
No they are not. What was the aim of Hitler's invasion of Poland? What was the aim of the US invasion of Iraq.

Unless you want to look at the most superficial similarities there is ZERO comparison between the two.
0 Replies

gav

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 02:25 pm
Not sure i would call INVADING a country superficial.

Now, we're getting somewhere. Tell us, WHY did America invade Iraq? Dont say to bring democracy - because as I said nobody asked you to.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 02:32 pm
gav wrote:
And at what point did the Iraqis ask you to overthrow their government?

Are you speaking about the Iraqis that would get their tongues cut out by Saddam's henchmen if they said anything Saddam disapproved of?

Magus wrote:

Funny ... that's my theory about you, Magus.
0 Replies

gav

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 02:36 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Are you speaking about the Iraqis that would get their tongues cut out by Saddam's henchmen if they said anything Saddam disapproved of?

What the THOUSANDS that MIGHT have had their tongues cut out had you not invaded and killed them?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 03:08 pm
Quote:
No they are not. What was the aim of Hitler's invasion of Poland? What was the aim of the US invasion of Iraq.

Unless you want to look at the most superficial similarities there is ZERO comparison between the two.

Um, what ARE the US aims for invading Iraq?

Although I'm sure you'll say 'to bring democracy to the people of Iraq,' I highly disagree with that answer; there are plenty of places we could be doing exactly that, with less problems than we have now.

There were some other reasons for invading Iraq, McG, as I'm sure you know... and those reasons are a lot closer to the Nazi party than you'd like to admit.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 03:12 pm
I believe the original aim was to secure the safety of American interests from the spread of WMD's to terrorist groups.

I do not believe "bringing democracy to the Iraqi people" was one of the original goals, but a tremendous side effect.

Now, how is that similar to the Nazi party's goal of at least a 1000 year domination of Europe and possibly the world?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 03:16 pm
Because they ALSO thought to bring 'safety and prosperity' to Europe and the world through the spread of their system of government.

Sure, they had to kill lots of people to do it, but you gotta break some egss, right?

The mentalities are not dis-similar; only the methods differ.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 03:33 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Because they ALSO thought to bring 'safety and prosperity' to Europe and the world through the spread of their system of government.

Sure, they had to kill lots of people to do it, but you gotta break some egss, right?

Cycloptichorn

Shocked

"The mentalities are not dis-similar; only the methods differ."

I can't believe that you honestly believe this.

There is NO similarity between the aims, methods, goals, politics, leadership, methodology, mentalities, objectives, purpose, or anything else between the US and Nazi Germany.

None, zilch, nada.
0 Replies

gav

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 03:37 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Shocked

"The mentalities are not dis-similar; only the methods differ."

I can't believe that you honestly believe this.

There is NO similarity between the aims, methods, goals, politics, leadership, methodology, mentalities, objectives, purpose, or anything else between the US and Nazi Germany.

None, zilch, nada.

I refer you to the opening post of this thread.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 03:41 pm
Hardly any of which applies to the US other than in the fevered imaginings of those that already hate America.

That's not you is it?
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 04:20 pm
I thought Hitler's goal was to conquer the known world. I don't believe Bush's goal is to conquer Iraq much less the world. Hitler was responsible for the death of around 12 million (includign the deaths in the war that he caused). So far the death toll in Iraq in cluding soldiers is around 11,000, one of the lowest numbers for a war ever (of course there are instances where less occured).

Hitler wanted to create an "Arayan" race and also attempted to exterminate the Jews from Europe. I don't remember Bush trying to create a "super" race or trying to exterminate a religion (and no before you say it he is not trying to extermate Islam). The Nazis weren't trying to spread their form of government; they tried to conquer neighboring areas which is not instilling a form of government. The similarities from republicans and Hitler are similar to the comparisons of democrats to communists. However these comparisons (in both cases) are just slander used by partisan bastards who have the sad ability of holding an opinion.

btw, I resent the Iraq war. I feel that it was the wrong war for the wrong reasons. I even voted for Kerry in this election. However I hate the partisan rhetoric that's being thrown in this thread and I tried to clear up the America=Nazis junk.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 04:36 pm
America DOESN'T equal the Nazi's.

The important thing to remember is that while we may feel very secure in our moral path that we have chosen, OTHERS may not feel that way; others may decide to take action based upon such things.

And yes, many of the very same conditions that one finds under a facist regime are gaining more and more popularity under the notion of 'conservative' values. You can deny this all you like, McG, but it is true.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 06:40 pm
Just as you can find many of the same conditions of a communist regime under the notion of "liberal" values, but you don't see anyone running around yelling about the freakin' commies, do you?

A proper wordsmith (or is that poopsmith?) can make words do anything they want. But if the meaning supporting those words lacks substance, so do the words.
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 07:02 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Just as you can find many of the same conditions of a communist regime under the notion of "liberal" values, but you don't see anyone running around yelling about the freakin' commies, do you?

YES!! (or rather writing on web forums. Not you though.)
0 Replies