So binladen will attack Ohio...

Einherjar

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 10:03 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
'Clear position on one important issue' > 'Clear position on no important issue'

Is this supposed to apply to Bush and Kerry somehow?

I found them both to have clear possitions on multiple important issues, I don't know which issues you would consider important though.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 10:43 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
And next election, he'll still be no factor at all. Evil or Very Mad

Einherjar wrote:
Comming from the guy who voted as he did in spite of his possition on every issue but Bin Laden. Rolling Eyes

OCCOM BILL wrote:
'Clear position on one important issue' > 'Clear position on no important issue'

Einherjar wrote:
Is this supposed to apply to Bush and Kerry somehow?
Perhaps there's a language barrier here. You do know that > is the symbol for "greater than"?

Einherjar wrote:
I found them both to have clear possitions on multiple important issues,…
I wasn't answering from your perspective. I was answering from mine.

Einherjar wrote:
I don't know which issues you would consider important though
You're a pretty sharp guy, Einherjar. I'd bet your educated guesses would be close enough. Now, what is this all about? What is your core objection?
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 11:01 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
What is your core objection?

Actually I just found your rant about how Bin Laden should not determine anyones vote amusing given my understanding that he did in fact determine yours.

'Clear possitions on no important issues' is a party line, which I thought you considered yourself above. Both candidates have oppinions on a multitude of issues including fiscal responsibility (/fiscal sanity), healthcare, abortion, 'faith based initiatives', and gay rights.

I can understand that it would be comforting to belive that foreign policy was the only issue on the ballot given how you voted, but living in denial doesn't suit you, and neither does pretending to.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 08:16 am
Einherjar wrote:
Actually I just found your rant about how Bin Laden should not determine anyones vote amusing given my understanding that he did in fact determine yours.
You're understanding is faulty... Bin Ladin is nothing more thn a figurehead for terrorism. I don't believe that pursuit would have been significantly altered had Kerry been elected. I wanted to give Bush a mandate to put the leaders in Pyongyang, Tehran, Damascus, etc. on notice.

Einherjar wrote:
'Clear possitions on no important issues' is a party line, which I thought you considered yourself above.
You thought wrong. I no more refuse to agree with a "party line" than I'd buy one without cause. In this case my own assessment mirrors that of the Republican Party... and anyone else able to form an objective opinion. Karl Rove didn't have to create the image of flipflopper for John Kerry... he merely provided examples, of which there were a plenty.

Einherjar wrote:
I can understand that it would be comforting to belive that foreign policy was the only issue on the ballot given how you voted, but living in denial doesn't suit you, and neither does pretending to.
Foreign Policy was the most important issue in this election to me, yes. There's no denial. There's no pretending. Quit with the idiotic insinuations. They don't suit you.
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 04:03 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Einherjar wrote:
You're understanding is faulty... Bin Ladin is nothing more than a figurehead for terrorism. I don't believe that pursuit would have been significantly altered had Kerry been elected. I wanted to give Bush a mandate to put the leaders in Pyongyang, Tehran, Damascus, etc. on notice.

Alright then. Bush isn't all that treathening though given that the US military is overstretched as it is. I doubt the US will be up for another invasion in the next four years.

Quote:
Einherjar wrote:
'Clear possitions on no important issues' is a party line, which I thought you considered yourself above.
You thought wrong. I no more refuse to agree with a "party line" than I'd buy one without cause. In this case my own assessment mirrors that of the Republican Party... and anyone else able to form an objective opinion. Karl Rove didn't have to create the image of flip flopper for John Kerry... he merely provided examples, of which there were a plenty.

Well, Kerry did have a consistent position on the cultural issues (gay rights, abortion), and he did not "flip flop" on any aspect of the economy(SS, taxes, mm). Actually I think his 'plan' for foreign policy, to the extent he had one, was pretty consistent as well (diplomacy, accountability, credibility).

The only 'flip flopping' he did was trying to capitalize on Bush administration actions, which turned out to be mistakes, despite having supported them at the time. In the case of Iraq he could easily claim to have been mislead, but in the case of say tora bora that doesn't apply.

So, in the immortal words of Frank Apisa he is guilty of being a career politician running for office.

Quote:
Einherjar wrote:
Foreign Policy was the most important issue in this election to me, yes. There's no denial. There's no pretending. Quit with the idiotic insinuations. They don't suit you.

I guess you really thought Kerry didn't have any position on gay marriage, abortion, SS, fiscal responsibility, education, stem cell research and so on. He actually did have clear positions on all those issues and more, but I guess you didn't catch that.

I don't really see this going anywhere though since we are not really debating any issues. I thought your vote was decided by terrorism, not nuclear proliferation, and so I found your rant about Bin Ladens (terrorisms) insignificance amusing.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 04:15 pm
And despite this needless needling, you're wrong. Next time just ask. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 04:47 pm
I hear the terrorists are developing a special kind of spaghetti, that when covered in chili and onions and cheese, causes the entire concoction to blow up in your face.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 04:54 pm
Didn't Bush say bring it on. If they do. The red states,the red states.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 04:58 pm
Re: So binladen will attack Ohio...
skot182 wrote:

So why did you vote for bush if BL made it so clear he would attack your states?

I live in Ohio....and if BL had made it clear he would attack my state if I voted for Bush, I musta missed that. But, let me say this. If he indeed had made that clear and I had known about it.....that would be reason enough for me to give my vote to Bush. The enemy is naturally going to want someone in office that he can push around. Or that will make his job easier.

Election day was a tough day for me. I had been disappointed in President Bush the last 4 years. I wasn't sure Kerry would be any better, but I felt he was the lesser of two evils.

I went to the poles on my lunch break and I had a horrible feeling. Couldn't really pinpoint what it was. I just knew something wasn't right within me.

Once I began to vote.....I understood. Deep down I was more afraid of Kerry then I was Bush.

Therefore......if Bin Laden wants to destroy those that voted for Bush. Let him come get me. Bush ended up getting my vote. That's one right as an American that I will not surrender to anyone.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 05:26 pm
"Bring in on" he said, and he was less scary.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 06:17 pm
First, there was a reference to Javon Walker's improvement. Than, there was a similar moment of clarity, before an important election. I may have to visit this place they call Ohio. :wink:
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 08:24 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
First, there was a reference to Javon Walker's improvement. Than, there was a similar moment of clarity, before an important election. I may have to visit this place they call Ohio. :wink:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/heavens_just_a_kiss_away/hug.gif BILL http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/heavens_just_a_kiss_away/hug.gif

*She places her hand over heart and whispers... "Be still my heart" :wink:
0 Replies