Back away, stay where I am, and I or let head explode from confusion!!

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 12:56 am
Hi I'm having a bit of a struggle at the moment I'm hoping someone can help me with. Me and my girlfriend have been seeing each other for six months and things have been going well we've had ups and downs etc. She's had me over quite a but asking me to stay over and things which is fine I enjoy spending time with her. Lately though she's seemed to back away physically lack of intimacy and I have approached this subject and she swears blind she's fine. However recently I've had an issue with living arrangements forcing me to stay with her virtually every night which i know is not productive or healthy for a relationship and she admitted she feels pressure yesterday because of that. Last night it came to a head she wrapped her arms around my neck telling me she does love me but I said I feel like I make you miserable so think it's time for me to go. She started crying frantically wrapping her arms around me begging me not to go and wouldn't let go. My problem is I'm confused on the one hand she feels pressure and I know me being around so much won't be helping time apart maybe a few nights away from each other will help but then she cried like that when I came to leave her because she thought I was breaking up with her. I don't know what to do because I really do love this girl I've only stayed with her so much because she's asked me now I feel like there is an issue and I want to fix it before we end up breaking up. I any advice?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 350 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 05:59 am
@Sanderson921,
Move out.

You are practically living together right now and it's too much.

Walk the relationship back several steps and just have some time together which doesn't feel so much like playing house.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 06:55 am
She has told you she feels pressure when you are living there. That does not mean she doesn't care for you.

Don't play the martyr. Make other arrangements and start the relationship over again.

What was the reason you had to move in?
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 08:43 am
@Sanderson921,
It's also worth mentioning that people, individually, have natural ups and downs, highs and lows. Where you see a withdrawal, for her it could simply be a reassignment of energy while she deals with other stressors.

My best friend went AWOL last week, even canceled our normal once a week get together. We met for coffee on Tuesday, I busted her balls a little bit for disappearing on me and she said she just had a really bad week (and went on to joke about how this could potentially happen once a month). It was fine though, we have a mutual trust and open communication, I know that she would have talked to me if she needed to.

Moral of the story is, you guys are still in the "getting to know you" phase of things. There could be a hundred reasons why she has pulled back a little and it may or may not have anything to do with you. You DO need to iron out your own living arrangements so she isn't stressing about that. Reassure her that you care for her and want to continue building a healthy relationship. Part of that is you guys not being forced into cohabitation. Go on dates, spend time with each other, and spend some time individually. Have a mutual agreement to like...one sleepover a week or something so it's something special while the relationship recovers.
0 Replies