other words for words?

Seed

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 03:21 pm
ever notice how different families make there kids say other words for things? like i had an x girlfriend who used to say hinnie burp instead of fart. anyone have their kids say something like that? or maybe said something odd when they were a kid?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 988 • Replies: 8
No top replies

superjuly

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 05:05 pm
When I was 17 I lived with this host family down in GA for about 3 months. I had a little sister, Sydney, who was at the time 9, and a little brother, Chase, 7. So, one day at the dinner table Sydney said "dain-it" (hard to speel a non-existent word, but please correct me if I'm wrong) instead of the word dammit/damn it. So I told her not to say that again, because it was bad for little kids to say bad words, bla bla bla. My host mother interrupted me saying that it wasn't a bad word, and I replied with the argument that it doesn't matter that she wasn't saying THE bad word, but whatever it was that she was saying implied that same meaning, therefore, it was a bad word. Needless to say, I lost the argument. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

dauer

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 05:14 pm
I used to call pajamas gutgies. A fart was a poops. My father growing up called taking a dump going "eh eh" because that's the sound you make when you're constipated. Buttocks was tooshie. That's common, I think.
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 05:20 pm
U.K.'s Father Ted series they say "feck it" it's not a very well concealed version of what they mean.
0 Replies

travelbug

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 08:40 am
is that not just the Irish accent though? I thought it was... hmm... that would be an ecumenical matter.
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 10:33 pm
Smile lol I've had a few irish people tell me that they actually say "feck" although they could have just been ttp.

lol travelbug
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 07:26 pm
a popular expression here to denote incredulity and/or astonishment is no mames might be similar to "don't kid me" (literal translation "don't suck (cock)")

a watered down version popular among kids is no manches (literal translation "don't stain").
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 07:29 pm
I took care of a girl who made words up by the dozens. One good one was hmmmm, how to spell it....? Think of a brit saying the word perp. That's what she called a fart.
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 05:56 am
Just curious whether you guys use the expressions " zonked" and "hoon"
0 Replies